thread: Did you know? bottled water facts...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Moderator

    Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.
    6,449

    We are on tank water now. We do filter it through a bench top system as the gutters on the house are a bit cruddy, so just want to be safe. We do buy bottle when we are out and about, just so slack at remembering to fill bottles.

    Had no issue with fluoride when we were on town water in Melbourne, it was only just introduced to our last town. It is the one thing I don't like about tank water, the lack of fluoride.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic
    6,054

    An online climbing store Maz, was the best price, will find the details for ya......
    Me too Ange?

    Boiling water! Who woulda thunk Danni! I had a giggle at you and your dentist's children Chlo, I think that fluoride has its good points. But if you wanted to know that your water was pure...sometimes the simplest answer is right on the kitchen bench hey...

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW
    8,944

    I got a sigg bottle for Mother's day... love it!!

    We have been on britta filtered water for a few years now. Tastes better to us!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Feb 2007
    In the jungle.
    4,809

    It's called cliffhanger, based in Melbourne. A search should lead you there.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jul 2005
    Rural NSW
    6,975

    Missed this the first time 'round... very interesting!

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    3,715

    Very interesting! I can't believe that most people can't see how insane it is to pay that much for water. I've always thought it was a bit of a crock. However, if I'm stuck out somewhere without a drink, I will buy water before anything else, so I guess I'm glad I have the choice. But I try to take my own drink of water with me most places.

    I must be lucky to live in Melbourne, I drink water out of the tap all day long . LOL at your dentist comments Chloe, so true. Whatever else it is or isn't, fluoride is great for teeth If you drink only bottled water, and have no fluoride supplementation, you are almost guaranteed to have dental problems!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    Melbourne
    3,660

    Our tap water is gross. I have tried boiling, filtering, boiling a second time... not to mention if your out anywhere that wont have happened first. Even our bath water looks a murky yellow when you run it.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Add NaeNae on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    South Gippsland
    3,753

    We don't have town water where I live so don't have the chemicals. Our water is collected off our roof and is stored in a very very old well unfortunately it is plumbed in a way that it pumps from the bottom where the water is a bit yuk.

    We have a separate tank which collects the run off from the wash house (separate from the house) thats our drinking water. Its ok from the tap attached to the well but I still like the dirt filtered.

    We have one brita filter in our fridge but have a porcelin (sp?) water filter on the bench and the water that comes from that is sooo good we just clean the filter candles every so often. It retails for around $140 if you go to farmers/country markets you can ususally find one.
    I like these better as I always wonder about things growing in the Brita filters even though we replace them regularly.