Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you switched yet? Loving my earth friendly clothes washing detergent!

oooh thanks! Will be ordering some. Is the cheapest from soap in a nutshell dot com dot au?

I'm not entirely sure we got ours from Wild Soapnuts it was $39 for a 1kg bag I think.

Quote Originally Posted by boomba View Post
    We use Eco store but once thats run out we are using our soap nuts

For some reason I recall Earths choice has sodium Lureal sulphate ????...thats why we dont use it anymore
    I love Earth Choice I will have to check that out. I use their dish liquid always, wash powder / liquid sometimes. I find the dish liquid also great value for money ($2 for 750ml!) and effective. Won't use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Nothing to swap. I've never not considered the planet when it comes to washing.

PLanet Ark powder is actually a bumsteer. Most liquids, like Amolin Sensitive, are actually better for the environment because they have lower sodium levels.
    I have also just bought the planet Ark powder & it's ok...but I love love love Amolin. So good to know it's ok too!

I really like eco-store products.
    DH was thinking of trying to grow soap nut - anyone done that?

jaskie Guest

I use the enviro washball. It's a recyclable plastic ball filled with small ceramic stones. I just chuck it in with the clothes. Lasts about 1000 washes and costs about 5c a wash. I think it works as well as any detergent I was previously using. Best part for me is that there are no nasties at all (even low grade ones)

Love it, love it, love it.

Earths choice no longer have SLS in the laundry detergent. Last year they were in the process of running through old stock but as far as I know the new stuff is SLS free.

I switched a while ago - about the same time I changed over to cloth nappies . I also use the Earth Choice dishwashing liquid and all-purpose cleaning spray.

We started using soap nuts here about 6 months ago, i spent $30 on a bag cant remember where from i think baby eco and ive only used half so very earth friendly and only costs us a family of 4 (have to wash DHs work clothes and DD1s school uniform everyday) $60 a year!

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Nothing to swap. I've never not considered the planet when it comes to washing.

PLanet Ark powder is actually a bumsteer. Most liquids, like Amolin Sensitive, are actually better for the environment because they have lower sodium levels.

Check out Lanfax Laboratories for the lowdown.
    Well, I thought I was using a good choice and had no reason to swap but I use Aware Sensitive powder! Thanks for the link- I can't find Amolin on there so not sure how you made the comparison but Earth Choice is a better choice so we'll get that next time. I've also used up a sample of soap nuts and I'minspired again to buy a bulk lot of it so I can use those again.

Quote Originally Posted by krysalyss View Post
    Earths choice no longer have SLS in the laundry detergent. Last year they were in the process of running through old stock but as far as I know the new stuff is SLS free.
    Thats awesome! SLS shouldnt be in anything IMO..they are really bad...as too parabens and phlatphates, which is fragrance so we avoid them too

Eco Store all the way here. We use their dishwashing detergent, laundry powder, laundry soak, hand wash, bath stuff..... something else too...??

Their products are too good to be bothered trying anything else...KWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by jaskie View Post
    I use the enviro washball. It's a recyclable plastic ball filled with small ceramic stones. I just chuck it in with the clothes. Lasts about 1000 washes and costs about 5c a wash. I think it works as well as any detergent I was previously using. Best part for me is that there are no nasties at all (even low grade ones)

Love it, love it, love it.

oohhh im interested in these where do you get them from? Dh isnt convinced with soap nuts although i love them!

jaskie Guest

~*MrsS*~ a few health food shops have them but not very many. If your local health shop doesn't have it and they are not interested in getting it in you can buy them on-line. If you google enviro washball you should be able to find a company called Enviroballs Australia. This is the brand I use.

There are a few different types of washballs on the market with different fillings. I have not used any other brands so can't say with certainty what they are like but have heard good reports on a couple of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12