Trill, we *really* needed a new tv - prior to that we had an assortment of handmedown portable models that were a) literally used until they no longer worked (minus buttons & with coathanger aerials etc) and b) not compatible with connections for DVD players etc. But we've been married for 17 years and had prior to that *never* been to a shop to buy a big fancy teev LOL. Not planning to replace this one any time soon tho.
I have some good crystal, and some expensive cutlery that I expect to last. I don't have a "good" dinner service but when I do, I will expect that to last. I have some of Nanna's linen and lace, but nothing I have bought has been of sufficient quality to last more than 8 or so years. I expect my wooden furniture to last (and will have it repaired periodically so that it does) since I have bought solid stained wood rather than nasty veneer-stained things. Other than that, the main thing I expect to last is the quilts I have made - used good quality fabric, thread and wadding so that they do.
Bookmarks