Thread: Have you invented your own 'old wives tale' ?

Default Have you invented your own 'old wives tale' ?

My daughter Caitlin has taken to biting her tongue occasionly when eating and yesterday I came out with 'If you stand up while you're eating, thats how you bite your tongue'.

Just wondering if anyone else had some home made pearls of wisdom ?

Barb.

LOL @ that. Haven't made up any of my own. But use the old classics like "if you play with it too much it will fall off" for when Kameron tries to see how far he can stretch his willy LOL.

I know next door neighbours tell their kids that if the music is playing on the icecream truck when it comes around it means they are out of icecream. Definitely will try that trick when my boys are a bit older lmao.

Love :smt049

I know next door neighbours tell their kids that if the music is playing on the icecream truck when it comes around it means they are out of icecream. Definitely will try that trick when my boys are a bit older lmao.
    hehe i have a friend that uses that one too poor lil kiddies lol

Sorry to jump into a forum where I don't belong YET!! But I thought I'd impart some wisdom LOL. We have an old wive's tale for hiccups!!

VERONICA'S BREASTS!!!

Just say it to someone that has the hiccups & they mysteriously stop... I think it has something to do with being surprised by you saying it so they take a small shocked breath in & their breathing pattern changes.

There is something about hiccups and holding your breath ... does the breast thing work with men and women ?

Another subject I was going to start was about saying things and realising you had turned into your mother.

Sarah, you can start talking to your pea/bump/spud/pikelet anytime, but I recon you are already !

barb.

Yup it works with both!

And yup also, I already say good night to Munchkin & Aaron kisses my belly goodnight too!!

I wonder if Veronica's Breasts work on kids LOL.

Wish I had known that last night when I had him will have to tell Andrew to say it to me next time. I just usually hold my breath wish works more times than not.

Did you know you blow up a dog's nose to stop their hiccups. Our dog trainer told us that and it works too We used to hold Kaylas snout to keep her mouth closed and then just lightly blow up her nose about a centimetre away.

Love :smt049

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady
    I know next door neighbours tell their kids that if the music is playing on the icecream truck when it comes around it means they are out of icecream.
    My first reaction was maybe thats a good idea.. but the poor kids! lol.. that makes me so saddddd.. I still get excited when I hear the icecream man music!

K