Thread: How should i go about this?

Default How should i go about this?

Lately Lily has been pointing at my chest saying 'mummy boobie' which i think is kinda cute but she is becoming a bit obsessed with it now.

The other day she said 'mummy boobie like daddy's' which i LMAO! (DH didnt think it was funny though!)

then she lifted her shirt up and pointed and said 'Lily bobbie'

I don't mind as such, its just not very appropriate infront of strangers! How do i get her to not do it but not make her think it's taboo?? I mean she is only 3 so she doesn't know it's wrong. But how do i teach her it's not appropriate infront of people?

Although I haven't been through this really, I would still say that perhaps it is just a phase?
    When she says it, or points to them, maybe you should just agree 'yes Lily, Mummy's/Lily's boobies (etc). And then calmly change the subject.
    I don't imagine it would bother too many people, considering her age, and if you don't make a big deal out of it, she will probably get over the phase fairly quickly.

Aidyn has started pointing to mine when I get dressed etc, and I just say "yes Aidyn, thats right, they are Mummy's boobies. When Mummy has your baby sister she will drink her milk from Mummy's boobies". (I am trying to educate him on BF a little bit, as he has not been around it very much, and doesn't remember me BF him (due to it not lasting very long at all).

Thats a tough one Antheia- it reminds me of the bath scene in the 80's movie "look who's talking 2" when the two little kids are learning about penis's and vagina's!! And they were looking through the magazine and saying who had what (boys and girls etc)

I have all this to look forward to, so i havent got any first hand experience to pass on, my advice is to maybe use this as the opportunity to explain the difference between mummies boobies which no one see's in public and daddies boobies which sometimes people can see when he has his shirt off- like at the beach or on a really hot day- but that mummy and daddy are different- and Lily is like mummy- so she should keep her boobies to herself- IYKWIM LOL

I guess it depends too whether she has been a child encouraged to run around in a nappy and nothing else when its hot- or if she is used to being unclothed- (like many normal very young children) and i guess this is the transition change when she needs to learn modesty.... the only young girl i see alot is a friend of mines child and she is about 4 and she is quite shy when getting her bottoms off (having to change undies on etc) but she will happily walk around with no top on and thinks nothing of it as she has three older brothers who dont wear shirts and while she knows their "bottom bits" are different- being with her being 4- their chests arn't all that different IYKWIM
    Her mum continuously tells her she should put some clothes on but if its hot she flatley refuses because "her boys" dont wear shirts!!

Well i guess i did have half hands on experience- but only to say- you might not be the only one- not any real answer to the question!! LOL

Good luck!!

Well she is not modest in the slightest lol. Runs around in undies and nothing else lol. Knows to put clothes on when going out but as soon as we're home she takes them off and has a huge tanty is we tell her otherwise!

I honestly think at 3 thats fairly normal. I would just do the ignore thing and maybe change the subject.

I agree with Niliac. Jack has been through that phase too, mostly likely because of me bfing Tom. It didn't last long - things usually don't if they don't get an interesting reaction!

Ok, i will ignore it then. Good to know it is probably just a phase!

Grace has done this too - she gets fascinated with my boobs and wants to touch them. One day she said "when I am big I want to have boobies this big!" and spread her arms out really wide. LMAO! I think its just part of them figuring out who they are.

Bon - Lmao!!!!

My DD1 still does it always asks why she doesnt have boobies yet when will she get them so I told her that kids have nipples well now she will tell anyone who will lisson to her that mummy has boobies but she,DS, DD2 and daddy have nipples but she is going to get her big boobies one day... Had to laugh the other day when she told this to DH for the 10th time he told her that if she lucky she might have boobies by 18 but if she takes after me she better start saving her pennys so she can buy herself some LOL it when over her head but we got a goog laugh at it..

Be worn though girls as now that DS head is at that height he loves to snuffle into them and always tring to touch them and tells how nice that are so it gets to start again but I do tell he that its not ok with me for him to do this so he is slowly getting the idea..DH wants to film him so that we can play it at his 21st wouldnt you just died if your parents did that LOL but I wouldnt be that mean...

LOL at your DH wanting to film it for his 21st tali! How traumatising! lmao.

My sister is a teacher at a preschool & she said most of the kids have a thing for boobs. She said quite often the kids will touch the teachers on the boob on purpose, but they don't make a big deal out of it. She said it's just that they don't have them so they are interested in what they are, what they feel like etc. No big deal, she said by the time they get to last term before going to school (so around 4 1/2 to 5 years old) they are over it.

My DS is a bit the same, but with bras... he'll watch me get dressed and say "bra on", then say "daddy bra on" or "Dylan bra on" so I'm trying to explain that boys don't wear them! I'm just waiting for the day he starts talking about people wearing bras out in the shops though...