Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Step-parenting General Chatter

Miss K does the same Nicole 'i have this song at my mums' 'my mum takes me here' 'at mums...yada yada..' makes me wonder if she talks about being at dads when shes with her mum?

No idea why she does it, i just let her go with it lol gets a little challenging at times tho!

The only reason we have started jumping on it now is that she tends to do it more and more when we're socalising with our friends who don't know her mother and it is inappropriate... I don't really mind when it's just at home, but I think they need to learn when it's ok and when it's not ok kwim??

Argh, these things were meant to try us aren't they?

Do you do any of the discilpling when Miss K is at your place Amy??

LOL Nicole, its all me. Im the bad cop & daddy is the push over! Mostly because DSD spends a lot more time with me doing girly things as she doesnt seem to enjoy fishing with her dad lol. But DP steps up when he has to. She's generally really well behaved at our house which is amusing as we are constantly getting txts from DPX that "His child is uncontrollable" She wouldnt be if her mother set boundaries! rant over...

How bout you?

Yep, (majority of the time) I'm the bad cop too. I have always said to DH that it's my house too and therefore it has to be my rules too. If I want their rooms cleaned - I will tell them to go and clean up, I can't wait for DH to get home to sort it out.

It was hard going for a little, DH had a LOT of guilt after walking away from his first marriage and therefore he let them get away with murder... boy did we pay for that after a little while.

We get the same thing from DH's ex... text msgs saying that DSD2 has thrown herself on the ground screaming like a banshee, hitting her other kids (she has 2 from her current relationship), generally being a horror child... funnily enough I have never seen one tantrum, one slammed door nothing from either girl... you've got to wonder what's going on there to make the kids act up...

Wow not much talking about here... You girls/guys still around *looks*

Default Step-parenting General Chatter

I think you all are doing an awesome job as a 'step mum'.

I wish my WSM (wicked step mother) was as compationate. Sadly she has major issues, hence the WSM title.

I could type all night about the things she has done to hurt me and my sister, the biggest is the barrier she has created between myself and my Dad. I wish he had the balls to stand up for us, but he is all about 'keeping the peace'.

*sigh* the joys of divorce and blended families.

Im still here .. Still having issues with shared care .. ATM DSD is 5 and cant put sentences together properly so she makes sense..we try to correct her so she can learn but its not being followed through at home, much the same as manners :P

CBG sounds like my step mum, constantly used to make my dad choose between us and it always broke my heart when he chose her, but in the end she's his companion i guess and he'd probably be lonely without her, thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol. To this day she still gets ****ty if he does something to help me or remembers something i asked him to do (probably because he always forgets when she asks him to do something lol)

CBG - Aww :-( That doesn't sound very nice. Feel free to vent if it helps.

Ammaki - Thats hard! How is SDS coping with it all?
    Mine are 5.5 & 7 boys and for the most part we are doing alright they life with us full time so it makes if for an easier situation imo. The one problem we are having is after 2 years their mother still hasn't got it together so is still not having them this weekend or bringing them home early... Which really plays with out youngest boy as he deosn't cope well with change or things not going as planned... It makes for a upset little boy, who misbehaves in frustration and me pulling my hair out!

She is a pretty easy going little one so doesnt mind, although it hurts a little when she says she wants to go back to mummy's earlier (we dont take her back but you get what i mean) we worked out its because she has a little friend in the neighbourhood that she always plays with all the time which makes it easier for us to hear if that makes sense haha. I swear that child spends no time at her mums house lol

Aaww poor little guy, they're old enough to understand whats going on too so must be hard for them!

Yea I get what you mean :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12