Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamboo Beehinds users....

Default Bamboo Beehinds users....

I have my new Bamboo Beehinds washed, dried and ready to go...I can't wait to put Paige's little tooshie in something so soft and comfy!!

Can I ask 2 questions of you all...

1. How long do you go during the day before changing your baby?Paige can usually go around 4 hours in a disposable before needing a nappy change.

2. Are they really good for overnight? Do you use the large insert? Do you boost with anything else?
    Paige goes in a sposie overnight...and it's usually pretty heavy by the morning if she has had feeds overnight.

I would love to start putting her in cloth overnight....at the moment she is in her sposie from her bath between 6 and 7, until she wakes between 6 and 8am.

Tips would be great

Yes - they are lovely and soft. Jenna is always asking for her Bee nappies

I'd just try it one night and see how you go. If the worst that can happen is some wet pjs and a cot sheet, its not the end of the world. I started by boosting it, and it wasn't neccesary, so see how you go.

I change Jenna every 2.5-3.5 hrs during the day. Sometimes less than that. Becasue she has such stinky wees at the moment, they smell before they are completely wet, so they get changed. You could leave for the 4hrs, but its up to you and how Paige's bum reacts to this. Jenna gets a red bum really, really easily, so its best to be safe with her.

Caleb wees more after the first feed in the morning that he does all night. I sleep him with both boosters and he is never wringing wet even if he sleeps 12 hours. I change him and use the same combination of two boosters and he is soaking at his next change. He usually gets quite grizzly if he's really wet though it is better for him if I use a fleece liner.
    If you're getting up to her for a feed than you can change her then to see how her wetting pattern is.
    I've never been able to have a disposable on any of my boys for as long as 4 hours without them getting a rash so I don't know any different IRT frequency of changes.

During the day Caty will go maybe 3 hours in her bamboo BBH then I change it for a feed.

She sleeps in one from 10.30pm till 7am and I use a wool cover which is usually dampish but not wet in the morn. I use microfleece liners. She doesn't get rashes from them. I use either the longest snap in or a bamboo flat folded into three bits.

I find Caty gets rashes if I put her in a sposie, just with Babylove though, not Huggies.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread Chrissy but ....

I've bought a couple of BBH bamboo nappies - a purple, a turquoise, and a natural coloured one. Do the coloured ones run in the wash? I'm just not sure if I should wash them separately a few times first, but I don't really want to do a whole machine cycle for just one nappy.

cherie i washed my new pink bamboo BBH with the rest of my nappies and it was fine!! i was worried about that as well!!

Cherie, I have the Orange & nope mine hasnt run...

Chrissy, I put Indah just now in her bedtime nappy which is tonight the Bamboo BBH with both boosters & a Tinkle Tots cover! It will be damp by night but she almost always does a wee in the potty after her bath & prior to bed!

Thanks girls
    If they were cotton, I'd definitely be washing them separately first, but I wasn't sure if bamboo fibres worked the same way. Great to see that I can wash them with everything else.

I just realised that it sounds like I dont boost at all. I do use the two boosters that come with the nappy for Jenna - they dont need any additional boosting.
    Just to clarify

Well...I just remembered I had no covers for them, as her small Bummis no longer fit her....soooooo I just put her in one anyway...without a cover and just kept an eye on her and changed her when she wet.

They just look so pretty, its a shame we have to cover them over with a cover. I have 2 BBH covers and 2 more nappies coming wooo!!

Hi everyone
    I bought a BBH bamboo last week and washed it for the first time this morning in preparation for our imminent arrival. It was in the high 30s in Canberra today and I was rather horrified to find that the BBH took ALL DAY to dry..... My terries dry in about a quarter of the time. How on earth do you manage on winter days? I don't have a drier. Or is this something that you just get used to allowing for?

cloud_skye Guest

Oh dear...I never found they took quite that long in September/October in Adelaide...Bummer! But they do take a while to dry. (BTW I would wash it again to increase the absorbancy!)

I think after a few more washes now mine tendto dry a bit quicker? Or maybe I'm just used to it????

thanks Tracey and Skye - I'll wash it again on your advice. I knew they take longer to dry but I just didn't expect it to take that much longer.

I've found the BBH Bamboos to take ages to dry as well.. even in the 35 degree windy days we've been having. As I only use the Bamboos at night, I made sure I bought a few to allow for drying time... but they are well worth the wait!

ChrissyT - I'd invest in a wool soaker (or knit one yourself if you can) as it works so well for lots of people as an overnight nappy combo with the BBH Bamboo. So far, I've never needed to use anythign other than the boosters the nappy comes with and Xander still has a night feed, sometimes two!
    As to how often I go between changes, I prefer to change Xander every couple of hours (even if he isn't very wet) during the day with lots of nappy free time too. I know that if I wanted to, the nappies would last just as long as any sposie timewise.

So what do you use during the day Anna?

Kar - During the day I just use a combination of hemp BBH, pockets and terry flats... with either a PUL cover or a wool cover. ETA: When Xander was a newborn I used cotton prefolds with a PUL cover.

I generally don't use BBB during the day - but for nights I use one with an itti bitti booster and a microfleece liner that also has 2 layers of terry. He sometimes wets the wool of his soaker but generally it is just damp.

Oh, and this is on an almost 11month old who is in the nappy (generally)from 7pm to 7am and has multiple feeds at night.

Cheers. Hayley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast