Thread: BBHs - when are they too big?

Default BBHs - when are they too big?

I am thinking of going to BBH fitted as I can no longer get my preferred sposies. But DS is big - 95th percentile and he weighs 12.5kg now at 13 months. Will they last until he is toilet trained or will they get too small?
    Help! I dont want to invest in a whole heap and then regret it.

Just bumping this in case someone can help.

I don't exactly know myself, but I assumed they would go up till toilet training, which in my mind, is around 15-16kgs???? DS has been sitting on around 11.5kg for about 4 months now, so your DS might sit on 12.5 for months and months

I've been buying cloth as well lately (as I am pretty new to cloth too) and I'm buying large ones for DS, because even though he may only be in them for like 6 months or something, I can use them for the next one...

Sorry I can't help very much - website isn't very forthcoming with that information is it!!

I'm almost positive that they can be used well until TT. I would email someone from the site and ask them, they're usually very halpful

i dont think they will be too big at all !! Ds is 12.5 kgs at 19mths and they fit him just perfect , over the years or so they have till they tt , their body will change shape , so they can go in and out a few snaps but they should always fit , there is a pic in my gallery with my then 11 kg ds in bbh , I totally think you will be fine with the fitteds , so i would check out there sale while its on its 3 for 2 atm !!!!

my advice is buy a few and see if you like them , try them on and go from there ... im pretty sure they will fit your bub just right !!!

I think Krys is worried about whether her DS will get too big for the nappies....

Darcy is 13ishkgs at 2 and they still do up on where the wings meet at the centre(though they are old and the elastic probably isn't that great).

Nina is 13.5kg and I still have plenty of room left with the BBH fitted. You might find that your DS' weight may start slowing down now anyway. I would say that they would fit fine.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think we will get some now while the specials are on.
    Thanks again!

HOney

you wont regret it honestly. your DS might be the type of child that grows large then shoots up like my eldest.

My second eldest weighs 22kg and I can still put a BBH on him (he's 6) I tried it once no laughing.

My DD wears them and she is 12kg and my little fella is almost 6kg and wears them

Just make sure you buy large covers though, BBH covers a great