Thread: Problems with BBH

Default Problems with BBH

I have the bamboo and found them great but they actually fell apart on me as a result bbh offered me the chance to purchase how many nappies that I wanted at 1/2 price and I thought I couldn't resist that offer so I brought the hemp as we thought they may be stronger but even though it has been several months later I still have the problem with the hemp that one pee and it soaks through the hemp, through the pul cover and wets ds clothes.

any suggestions? has anyone else had this problem? have I got a bad batch (again )

How are you washing them? (how much detergent, water temp, type of machine, etc) How long is your kiddo in them for? What covers are you using? The more info you give, the more we can help you try and figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    How are you washing them? (how much detergent, water temp, type of machine, etc) How long is your kiddo in them for? What covers are you using? The more info you give, the more we can help you try and figure this out.
    I put them on a pre-rinse in our top loader washing machine, then put them through a full wash with 1/4 cup of detergent (this is what I use with all my clothes) mostly I wash on cold with the odd cycle on hot. I am using the pul covers

In regard to how long ds is in them tonight he was in one for 1/2 an hour when he was wet completely through

I have been using BBB for a year now and haven't had that problem. There is the odd occassion my older one did wet right through, but he was a heavy wetter and it was rare. We've never had a leak with the younger one. Of course hemp won't be as absorbent as bamboo, so maybe that's it. Have you got any boosters?

Perhaps try talking to BBH and seeing if they have any advice.

Hmm. I'm stumped then! I'll definitely come back if something occurs to me...

Is it every BBH that it happens with, or just, say 1 in every few? Perhaps he's just the kind of kid that saves it and then wees all at once? (which will be handy for TT I guess! ) Are you using both snap in boosters?

A few weeks ago Nina started wetting through the BBH bamboo fitted after only an hour of having them on, which I thought were odd as they were fairly new. What I found worked was that we have to use both short and long boosters and they need to be positioned towards the front of the nappy, and we almost always need a cover on. I also started reducing the amount of detergent I was using. Although I was using half the recommended usage, I found it was still too much. With the covers I only use fleece or BBH wool covers, and haven't had a leak since.

As for them falling apart, no idea about that one. Hopefully it doesn't happen again and they were just a bad batch.