Thread: Hello! An introduction to our famiily...

Clark Guest

Default Hello! An introduction to our famiily...

Hi everyone.

My partner, usually referred to as Lazyboo (it's a long story!) and I have been together for 4 years (we formally committed to our family in july last year by legally changing our names) and have been TTC for about 6 months (3 unsuccessful attempts in that time). We're very lucky to have a 7 year old Princess from a previous hetero relationship.

We're about to do our 4th DIY insemination with a known donor - probably tomorrow if my body cooperates! We're using Ovulation Predictor Kits to time the inseminations. Our donor is in Sydney, we're in Melbourne - this makes the logistics lots of fun every month!

We're in Victoria and have found our doctor completely unhelpful despite the fact that she is usually quite gay friendly. After the third attempt, we went to see her to talk about cycles and predicting ovulation and she quickly looked at the dates we showed her, said that seems fine, we won't do anything until you've been unsuccessful 10 - 12 tries. We know that we can't access clinics in Vic until deemed medically infertile but we're feeling a bit like we're flailing in the dark and guessing about a lot of things, despite extensive internet reading!

So we're hoping that we have some success this month!

I was really excited to find this forum - I've been reading lots of them based in US. These have been interesting but I have found that the experience over there is so different from here. Yay for an Australian forum!

Congratulations to all of you who are pregnant, and good luck to those in the same boat as us!

Clark.

Hi, just wanted to say welcome and good luck

Default My experience and advice

Hi Clark,
    My first advice would be to see another GP, gay friendly alone isn't good enough when you need some support on your journey to parenthood.
    Re the whole Victorian situation, we tried the home insemination route for just over 12 months, around 9 times. All without success.
    Our GP referred us straight to the IVF clinic where our Dr listened to our story and said 'clinically infertile...welcome to the program'. We started IVF a few months back, had a surprising and thrilling BFP first time and then a sad miscarriage. We're very hopeful and excited about our FET next week.
    Best of luck to you.
    Sylv.

paradise lost Guest

Hey CLark,

Welcome

It's a bit rough that you're not getting medical help to a greater extent just now. With a bit of luck you'll be pregnant before you need more help though!

Best of luck!

Bx

Welcome!

Good luck and best wishes!

hello clark, just popping in to wish your family the best and welcome.There is so much information on this website it seems endless, which is great.
    See you round
    D&M

Hello and welcome. I feel for you having to deal wth the Victorian law, sometimes people just fudge the length of time they have been trying to conceive... even straight couples... though I'm not suggesting you do anything illegal, just saying what others do lol.

Good luck on your journey.

Clark Guest

Default Thanks!

For the welcomes everybody. We're currently in our 4th TWW and trying not to hope too much....