Thread: Exercise videos

Question Exercise videos

I'm thinking of getting some exercise videos/dvds. Maybe just an aerobic one and a yoga one to start with to see if I stick to it! lol.
    Any recommedations for some good ones?

No one's exercising??

Oooh! Just saw your thread Sarajane! I have a two DVD set called something like "ten minute solutions". It's based on the series of 10 minutes workouts that you can do one at a time or a few in a row. Each DvD has 5 x 10 minute workouts. One DVD is cardio (it has kickboxing, circuit training, ballet, yoga and something else) and the other is pilates (abs, thighs, arms, calorie buring and flexibility). The pilates one is better. I really like them becuase I get bored easily! HTH!

Hmm....that sounds good. Thanks Ruth!! I will have to check it out!

I have some Palates that are sitting in the dvd cupboard, I liked doing them but found it hard with the kids about. They are good and challenging.

I got them from Big W - weren't cheap at $30 for two, but you might find them on special. Worth it though...
    I also sometimes borrow exercise DVDs from our local library - makes an interesting change, although sometimes I'm laughing too hard at the gym wear or music to exercise! 80's were great!

I reccomend the 10 minute solutions one. You can convince yourself to 'just do 10minutes', then another and even one more if you have time. I found I get too bored with the hour long ones that are the same. I like having variety.

I do have a billy blanks (tae bo) one, boot camp?. It is ok, but he is very annoying. Very american and inspirational. It depends what you like.

Winsor pilates is good, I have an old one, it is very tought though. I would like to try the new circle ones or the Gunnar Peterson 'core secrets'. I have been watching way to many infomercials

*las* Guest

I use the Leslie Sansone Walk Aeorobics ones and love them. During each session she has someone at walking pace and someone as a brisker/jog pace so you can choose what you feel up to. I've also got her kickboxing one. She has great variety and I love that she loves to laugh at herself!

I also have a Windsor Palates one that I love.

You can sometimes get them a little cheaper of ebay.

Ooh....thanks guys. I'm going to go searching around ebay then!

Hi i just thought I would put my vote in for billy blanks tae bo - smaltzy yes, motivational, yes, quick for shifting weight and building strength - totally!
    Good luck!