123

thread: Healthy Pregnancy #2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    Great to see more preggie ladies joining. More equals more tips right?

    MM I got some life saver icypoles today. They look divine. Can't wait to eat them although klittle DD wants one for dinner and she will keep nagging until there is none left.

    MummaBear thanks for the chewing gum tip. Is extra ok? I'm not into hewing gum but gee if it helps I'm willing to try anything if its safe for bubs. Also what kind of chocolate drink is low in sugar/carbs? I should get some of that also.

    About to eat dinner. Its full of cream and cheese but its the snacks I need to reduce on or change mainly.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Noosa Hinterland
    704

    Hi Mildez - yep I bought Extra today. Its perfectly safe. As for the Lifesaver icypoles.....I have 3 boys and they would honestly last about 5 mins in my house haha! I get the fruit stick ones for them, so maybe I should start having those too. I think they are really low in cals. Your dinner sounds like the one I made the other night...bacon cabonara. Boy, did I feel sick afterwards :-/ I never usually make really high fat meals, but hubby (who is also a personal trainer too!!), was craving it. Will be a healthy steak and salad tonight!

    As for the hot choc...its the Jarrah Choco Lait. 99% fat free and only 45 cals. Its the one the Biggest Loser actually recommended and its really yummy!! I think Coles has it in caramel flavour, but woolies doesn't.

    For bread addicts, like myself, I was recommended to trade bread for Mountain Bread wraps. They are heaps better for you and yummy with tuna and salad etc.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    2,109

    Hiya, can I join too please? I got a BFP this week so off to the Dr to confirm on Tuesday. My DD is 7 months old and I put on 17kg (from lightest to heaviest) with her. Sometimes I say it was only 14kg because I did lose 3kg in the first trimester but still..... Like Sunny, I managed to lose the baby weight and BAM I am pregnant! I would really love to only put on 7 or 8kg. Definately not a double digit. I think it was all the baskin and robbins ice cream that did it to me last time - ooops!

    For dinner last night we had steak strips and salad but I was still hungry later on and had a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich. *shakes head*

    Dinner tonight is home made pizzas on flat bread. Whats on everyone elses menu?

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    800

    Hi to Jax & Kaytee!

    So I might have had Maccas for lunch and its Monday so it definietly counts! Oh and thanks for the tip Mummabear about the caffine in Green Tea that explains why I was still awake at 2am on Sunday morning. Definietly going to find caffine free tea from now on.
    Dinner tonight, tandoori chicken burgers with lots of salad. Not too bad I guess.

    Whats everyone having for lunches? I find by the time I organise DS's lunch and fight him to go to sleep I'm over it and just get something quick which is usually not the healthiest, so please hit me up with your ideas!

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Noosa Hinterland
    704

    Im just sitting down to a bowl of country ladel vegetable soup. Open can, put in bowl, heat and serve! LOL! 99% fat free. Probably high in salt, but its yummy and easy

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    800

    MummaBear! So glad you've joined us. Thanks for the chewy tip, great idea!!

    We're having pizza for dinner tonight but its Saturday so it doesn't count

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jun 2010
    Tiny Town
    4,675

    Hey there ladies, mind if I join in? I've been through the whole thread and there are already some good tips here

    I'm currently 20 weeks with my first, and have always struggled with weight a bit. A few years ago I lost 10kgs, but over the last year 8 crept back on I started losing again, and then along came Little Squid! I'm quite surprised as so far I've only put on 2kgs, but I know the big gain can come at the end and I'm not willing to be complacent.

    Like most of you, snacks are my downfall. If I forget to bring fruit to work it's far too easy to pop in to the store next door for a donut! I really need to find healthy snack type stuff to fill the cupboards with, and get easy lunches, otherwise I just fall back to toast.

    I read yesterday that what we eat now can influence what our baby likes flavour wise, and I definitely don't want a baby who just wants junk food!

    I look forward to chatting with you all

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

    Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!
    1,070

    WOW, so many new pregnant-mummas! WELCOME!!
    Kaytee and Jax: Lucky ducks to have only gained minute amounts, im turning an unflattering shade of green right now with envy Ive put about 5-ish kgs on already Hopefully thats it though

    For brekkie ive had my lemon tea and am having some vegemite toast, but with no butter and on wholemeal bread. Im getting better, am I not?

    What are people having for tea tonight? Im after some inspiration. Last night's tea was loaded with carbs (craving myself also?!)

    Have a Monkey Monday everyone
    xx

  9. #9
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    Lovely to see so many of us now.

    Sunny for dinner tonight DH is cooking. Chops for me and him and the girls are having rissoles which I can't eat (they give me IBS and on top of that I can't stop vomiting when I eat them (unless I make them myself) I try and froce the red meat down my throat for the iron. I guess I should add a healthy piece of corn and reduce the mash with heaps of butter. But its the snacks I'm worried about. This morning I ate some sultana bran (high in folate acid so I like to eat that) with full cream milk (I often have skim) then an hour later I felt sick so ate 1 piece of toast covered in butter and now I'm eating a no fat yogurt and already keep looking in the cupboards to see what else I can snack on despite forcing the water down. I think I have an addiction to anything bad. I could have cried when I walked past all the lollie, chips and chocolate vending machine at 10pm last night. All I wanted to do was fill up on them. I swear they were calling my name to eat them. Then when I got home I ate a piece of cake. Fortunately that cake is almost gone and I wont be making another in a hurry.

    Of to buy some chocolate drink Mummybear mentioned and thinking of making some weight watches Jelly. And need to stock up on the snacks as thats the down fall. Maybe I should try celery and carrot sticks with that los point dip and chewing gum.

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Jun 2010
    Tiny Town
    4,675


    What are people having for tea tonight? Im after some inspiration. Last night's tea was loaded with carbs (craving myself also?!)
    Lol mine is totally uninspiring, steak & 3 veg. Usually it'd be salad in weather like this, but our supermarkets have rather crap quality and I had to chuck what we had left I wanna post on here some great healthy dinner recipes I found, but that'll have to wait til our puter is fixed.

    Any tips for exercise motivation? I should walk the dog more, but I get home from work, do dinner, then can't be stuffed with anything else.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

    Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!
    1,070

    The most exercise im getting right now Kaytee is chasing after or running around for my DD! So I hear ya on the tired and cant be bothered front also. Mmmm, steak sounds lovely!! How will you do your vegies?

    Im thinking lentil,burgers for tea, but I literallly have no lentils or anything in the house right now :/

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Jun 2010
    Tiny Town
    4,675

    Hmmm... carrot sticks with dip sounds good! Might add that to the shopping list

    My vegies are simple, steam then mash the potato lol. I really can't be bothered getting fancy, and by the time I get home from work I just want it to be quick and easy and that's the easiest.

    I think my tiredness is more mental, from work, so really a walk should do me good. I'll get on it tonight!

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Noosa Hinterland
    704

    YAY Jax, so happy to see you here! How is your pregnancy going?? Well done on the 1kg weight gain..thats really good.

    Im with you girls on the tiredness! I feel like a zombie all day which I think is part of me being a bit 'slack' in the kitchen at night. Maybe I should take advantage of my slow cooker and cook during the day! I was so tired lastnight, I cooked the boys a meal (chicken schnitzel, pasta and vege) and I ended up having vegemite on toast. How lazy is that! lol We did go to a birthday party yesterday and ofcourse I ate too much rubbish. Back to being healthy today!!

    Now what to cook for dinner...lentil burgers sounds yummy! I used to cook those all the time when I was losing heaps of weight. I got the recipe off the Biggest Loser website. Yum...sounds good!

  14. #14
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    800

    Evening all,

    Mummabear & Mildez-I'm not having anywhere near as much sweet cravings as I did with DS although I don't know what I'm having this time, we'll see.

    Mummamia-Healthy food in the first tri is really hard to stomach. I don't think I ate anything green until about 13 weeks. I just wanted salt!!

    Hope everyone else is doing well.

    Had a pretty good day food wise (minus the few squares of dark chocolate) hopefully I can keep it up tomorrow.

  15. #15
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    Morning all.

    Lady-bug sounds like you had a great day avoiding the crappy food. I had the GTT yesterday. I could have cried when they gave me the glucose drink which had 75grams of sugar in it. Why couldn't I just eat 75gms sugar mars bars? Atleast I would have enjoyed it. The drink was gross and all that sugar for no enjoyment. So the damage that was done from that would have really hurt. I wont get on the scales for a week now. I checked the sugar content in a chocolate bar I've been resisting for almost a week now and it only had 17grams of sugar (so I ate it to)

    So today I'm back on the bandwagon determined to behave myself and eat the right things. Yet to have breakfast but will have my sultana bran and fruit today, maybe another toastie (that was more filling then I expected) then maybe I should eat alot of carrot sticks with fat free dip.

    MM I found healthy food in the first trimester hard to tolerate also. Healthy slice sounds tasty.

  16. #16
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    2,109

    Mildez - that's hilarious about the sugar content in that drink. You are RIGHT, why can't we just eat mars bars instead of drinking that yukky liquid? Our way would be much more fun!

    In my last pregnancy my Ob was quite cranky with me at some points about my weight. I lost 3kgs in the first trimester so by 20 weeks had only just put that back on and was back to my start weight. We got to my 24 week appointment and I had put on 4kg and he asked me how many times I was going through the McDonald's drive through!!! DH and the Ob had a good old laugh at my expense. Not funny. So that's why this time this group is going to be awesome.

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Apr 2010
    Torquay, Vic
    875

    Strangelk how rude of your ob, think I would have walked out!!!

    Mildez I have to have that test on Friday NOT HAPPY!!!

    I had a good eating day yesterday until 9pm when I made myself some toast because I was feeling sick and thought that it might help. It did

  18. #18
    Registered User

    Jun 2010
    Tiny Town
    4,675

    Hi everyone You guys sure are chatty in here. We're having tacos for dinner.....DH is cooking. I'll have to stay away from the sour cream and cheese is my weakness too. Hopefully the fresh salad stuff will appeal to me.
    Speaking of salad, I love salads at home, and have it when I can. But if we have a day where it just gets too late or too hard to prepare dinner we get takeaway. I avoid subway like the plague, I don't like those salads sitting there out in the open and I've seen flies on it. But that leaves what? Chicken and chips? It seems weird to steer clear of the 'healthy' stuff in favour of something fried you know?

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

123