Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just ate an entire pizza, i feel guilty.

Unhappy I just ate an entire pizza, i feel guilty.

naaaah, don't stress, you could have done worse... pizza isn't that evil. At least it wasn't a bucket of KFC!

Easy fixed: Just take it easy food-wise tomorrow.... have fruit instead of toast for example for brekkie... and drink lots of water to keep you feeling full... one day's sacrifice should do it.... and don't eat any cheese tomorrow! that's probably the worst of it.

So what flavour was it? LOL was it thin crust? (my preferred type which is better for you than than thick) and what did you wash it down with? Hopefully not coke... softdrink is the worst element of most takeaways i reckon.

hmmmm... I might dial a pizza myself ROFL it's just me and the youngest two home tonight... I'd happily eat a small thin crust vegatarian pizza by myself too

You know what? If its just a once off and you don't normally eat a whole pizza by yourself - don't beat yourself up about it.

What's done is done - tomorrow's another day and all that

Hey! don`t stress hun,just go for a nice long walk tomorrow,lol.

Hehe two pizzas on their way! One vego, one Bbq chicken... DH and DD are at the Sound Relief concert and will come home starving and I'm not going out in this storm! Well that's MY excuse!!!

Well, like Arimeh said, as long as you don't do it all the time... the thing with eating is that when you over eat it stretches your stomach (you know that) and if you do it too often you'll suffer a weight problem. My usual limit with pizza is 3 pieces... but I occassionally can do more if the crust is very thin and the topping minimal. I can't stomach too much bread or bulk... i'm also a grazer... I haven't eaten a "meal" today for example... just little snacks here and there... nibbled on a bit of lettuce and sliced chicken when making sandwiches for the boys lunch... had a few crackers... had a wedge of camembert... um, what else... 2 coffees.... a handful of Cheerios (a treat which we usually don't buy... I classify them as junk food... DH was weak when he did the shopping with my 5yo last week). Anyhow... I have never dieted but I basically make sure i don't stretch my stomach capacity very often... maybe once every few months... though having said that I'm cold ATM which is often a reason for overeating with me!

god, the amount of times i've eaten a full pizza and beaten myself up about it. **** happens i say, just be good tomorrow! food is one of the things in life that we are supposed to enjoy, so if you enjoyed it, then you did nothing wrong!

Eeeek about the coke habit. Darl, if I was you I'd just try to focus on dropping the coke... I agree: you're SURE to drop a few kilos based on that decision alone. Everyone I know who has a coke habit has a weight issue... it truly is insideous stuff. Sorry to lecture... I have a bit of a personal war against the stuff... it IS the devils liquid! Well described indeed!

They warned me that my pizzas could take a while... up to an hour... but I said that was ok... am cooking my boys eggs in the meantime... they won't eat much pizza anyhow.

Dominos here too.... and 5 pieces stopped me! LOL But I think they must have made a mistake regarding the crust... it was too thick And yep, they were small, I make shortbread rounds bigger than this pizza!

Go back to lemonade... and maybe only outside the house (don't stock the pantry with it). Just make sure it doesn't have fake sugar... that's the evil bit. Read my thread about what drinking coke does to the body HERE if you want a bit more incentive

Quote Originally Posted by Anila View Post
    thanks for the info, i cant go back to lemonade unfortunatley, the mini migraines, more like icepicks stabbing my brain, are just to much to bare.
    i need to give it all up, i think that is step one.
    hun, i'm another person that gets headaches without having caffeine regularly - after having every test under the sun and trying meds essentially the same except the caffeine content, i was told to drink coke to get rid of the headaches! i dont' drink coffee and not enough caffeine in the occassional cup of tea i have to get rid of them. i can go weeks (went 5 months on two cans of coke) - but sometimes it's ok have them if it's going to help! it's the habit of having more than one every day - or even one every day that makes it bad for you. i have a target of how much water i have to have every day - at least 3 L a day - and if i make sure i have water with me at all times so that i'm not tempted by junky drinks - i HAVE to have a headache to touch coke now kwim?

oh wow, there is something wrong with eating a whole pizza alone?

Must remember that for next time...

I can understand wanting to avoid those caffiene withdrawal headaches... if I don't have a coffee each day i get them... but occassionally I take an asprin instead of caving into the coffee. I don't usually add sugar to my coffee though... that's the trouble with softdrink: all that sugar is not worth it. Eliminate softdrink and I'm certain you'll see a few kilo's go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathsheba View Post
    I can understand wanting to avoid those caffiene withdrawal headaches... if I don't have a coffee each day i get them... but occassionally I take an asprin instead of caving into the coffee. I don't usually add sugar to my coffee though... that's the trouble with softdrink: all that sugar is not worth it. Eliminate softdrink and I'm certain you'll see a few kilo's go along with it.
    it's defintely about finding balance Bath - i can't drink coffee and when i get a headache of any sort, nothing except high doses of codeine will help - i have minimal sugar most of the time (extremely low GI diet here) so the sugar in the coke every few days at the moment is, in my opinion, not a big drama. if i was using it every day on top of a heap of other sugar, i'd admit it was a problem - but i'd rather not load myself up on pain meds if i can avoid it kwim??

(i'll just footnote this by saying i've had to have surgery on both my wrist and my ankle that had me on pain meds in the lead up for periods of six to eight months - panadeine forte for both - i was unable to function without the pain meds - having been essentially dependant on them for long periods of time, i don't want to go back down that path... the bad bits of soft drink don't, in my mind, equate to the addiction to pain killers - definitely don't want to go there again... hope that makes sense...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast