thread: Please tell me in not the only weird one...

Jul 2006

Please tell me in not the only weird one...

That cant sleep unless their DH (or partner) is in bed!

Im not a good sleeper at the best of times, im even worse if im in bed alone cos DH has had to go out, or stays up late watching tv, playing games or working. Most nights my sleep is only 2-4 hours. I try to nap through the day when all 3 kids go down in the afternoon.

So lastnight i was getting desparate (sp?) for sleep and on Tuesday my GP gave me a script for Tremazepan (sp?) to take in this situation. I decided id take one. So round 10pm i took a tablet...by 1030 i was feeling pretty light headed and dizzy. Gave it til 11 then went to bed.

12am....1am...2am....3am....Still wide awake and DH wasnt home. Wasnt til he got home round 320am that i finally got to sleep....til 6am when i woke again

Only time i can 'sleep' (meaning more then 3 hours) is when he is in bed with me AND if im dead tired!

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

I too find it hard to sleep if DH isnt with me. I know if he stays up late watching tv or if he is out, I will stay awake til he comes to bed.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

I have a similar reaction with temazepam - it keeps me awake.
    I would tell your GP how it reacted as there are afew other options - its like any drug, some peoples bodies are better with one than another.

On the original q, yes I have the same problem, when DH is not home becuase he is at a gig or interstate I stay up til all hours until I am ready to collapse. Im worried at how this woll work when bub 2 comes along though

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Awww.. it must be love, love, love

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

I have friends like that, but I'm selfish, lol. I love having an empty bed to spread out in!!

Mar 2009
    Edens Landing, Yes its actually a place

I used to be the same, I would lie there waiting to be woken up when he comes to bed but in waiting to be woken I wouldn't get to sleep in the first place.
    Not so now I have 2 super active kids and am with #3 so pretty much fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

PMSL Skye I am like you If Shel is out I can't sleep but if she's just on the computer or watching TV I sleep great, so much room to move lol!

Add Cupcake on Facebook

Nov 2008
    North Haven, NSW

If DP is out i have trouble sleeping, i know im tired but i cant go to sleep, then the second he gets home or comes to bed i crash, i dont know if on my part its an insecurity thing? I dont think so tho hehe! Definately not alone on that one hehe

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

I find temazapan isn't very effective and always have to have more than one tablet to get it to work. Try Restavit, you can buy them over the counter at the chemist and they work a treat for me. They're also safe enough for you to have another half a tablet if you wake up in the middle of the night.

Good luck!

Jan 2006
    Brisbane

If my DH is home but just on the comp or watching tv I can sleep but if he is not in the house I can't sleep. Last week he was in Melbourne for a night and I took myself and the kids off to my Mum's place and we all slept there the night lol.

Sep 2007
    Cairns

I used to be the same, I couldn't get to sleep until he was in bed because nine times out of ten he'd wake me up in the process, so I couldn't sleep in anticipation that I'd be woken up. Since having DS I'm the opposite, I will fall asleep quickly if he's still up, but if he goes to bed at the same time the I find it hard to sleep.

Add Cupcake on Facebook

Nov 2008
    North Haven, NSW

nine times out of ten he'd wake me up in the process,
    If i fall asleep before DP comes to bed i get woken with "lights coming on" then the lights are on until he finds his way to bed haha

SugarDust Guest

I can't sleep properly unless DF is with me!

Oct 2006
    Melbourne, Victoria

I might be the weird one! I am going to be the only freak here and disagree!! My DH snores and is very restless, drives me insane. So when he is working nightshift or away - I LOVE IT!!!! Bed all to myself where it is quiet and no doona hogging during the night - and I have a wonderful night's sleep. He has been a shift worker all our married life so I think I'm just used to it.

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Yep, me too. makes it a bit hard when he is away longer term though.

Anyone wondering why so many after midnight posts from me lately?

Jul 2006

I find temazapan isn't very effective and always have to have more than one tablet to get it to work. Try Restavit, you can buy them over the counter at the chemist and they work a treat for me. They're also safe enough for you to have another half a tablet if you wake up in the middle of the night.

Good luck!
    Thats what i used to use but never worked to well for me either!

Glad im not the onbly one that has this issue of not being able to sleep alone

Dec 2007
    Taking a ride on my grdonkey :D

Nope, no such problem here!! DH is never out late at night, if he were away from home for some reason I probably would stay up waiting for him. But some weekends he will stay up into the wee hours playing video games, and I just head off to bed and enjoy being able to spread out!! I know he's around so it doesn't worry me. The thing that bothers me (lol) is when I go to bed at 11 and he sneaks in at 4am (if he hasn't fallen asleep on the couch) and starts giving me the ol' rub on the backside!! I'm ASLEEP!! Not tonight, sweetie, you left it too long!

I know he doesn't like going to bed without me, though. Some nights, when I haven't been able to accomplish much housework during the day, I will stay up late to do things like mop the floors or clean the kitchen etc, and DH chucks a big whinge about how he doesn't like sleeping alone. I always figured it was because it meant he missed out on getting some, so I would go to bed with him for a little while and then sneak off to do housework after he fell asleep, but he always wakes up and has a little whinge about how he wants me next to him.

Mar 2009
    N.S.W

I used to be the same, until I started co-sleeping with ds. Now I can sleep without df in the bed but can't sleep without ds in the bed. This is a problem because I'm trying to get him to sleep in his own bed.