Thread: Pregnancy Exercise DVD's during Pregnancy

Default Pregnancy Exercise DVD's during Pregnancy

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has used any exercise DVD's during pregnancy? I am determined not to do what I did last time and eat the entire time I am pregnant. #-o

I am not sure whether I am PG yet, period was due monday just gone and I can't keep a secret so am not going to do a test until next week after I have seen friends this weekend. Then I am not lying when I say I don't know....

Would appreciate any input on the DVD's.

Regards

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Rowie

I used a DVD when I couldnt get to the Gym by Preggie Bellies - I bought mine form Rebel sport but I am sure you could find it at a number of places.

It hekped on those days I couldnt be bothered leaving the house

Love Jen

Thanks so much Jen, I've heard of the Preggie Bellies but didn't realise they had their own DVD. Will hunt one down!

thanks again.

Rowie

I used the PreggiBellies one as well and it was great. You can contact them directly - they have a website.

I do a yoga video every morning, it's "yoga for mothers to be". Really gentle, but great. Im really enjoying it and there are two sections. Trimester 1 and 2 , and Trimester 3. So it's safe.
    xoxo

FirstTimer75 Guest

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread with my question but I've been wondering about exercise too.

I run 5 days a week and do pilates each morning if I can however I'm sure things will slow down as the pregnancy progresses and I have read that I shouldn't lay on my back for exercise after the first trimester. Much of my pilates is done on my back.

Does anyone know of any good pregnancy pilates DVD's?

Just off to search for PreggiBellies now

I did a pregnancy yoga DVD as well. I found that sitting on the fitball was great.

I have also heard that the mini trampolines are a good way to exercise while pregnant, but check with a health professional first in case I'm wrong!

Just do a search on pilates pregnancy DVD's and you should find some.

froofy Guest

I have just found a Yogazone one called 'Postures for pregnancy'

Even though I'm not yet pregnant, I've started to do it, so that I can continue it easily when I am. It's really good, they also help to teach you how to open up your rib cage so that in later pregnancy when you're big, you're less likely to be short of breath. It is very easy and basic, but still gives a good work out. Another thing I liked about it, is that at one stage, the pregnant demonstrator wobbled and fell over a little, but they didn't edit it out, they left it in, which made me feel it's a very honest production LOL.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

BellyBelly stocks both the Preggi Bellies DVD and Yoga DVDs.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Fit To Deliver do pregnancy pilates dvd's - you can find them on the website. I used them all the way through my pregnancy and they are fantastic.

I loved Prenatal Yoga by Shiva Rea. You can get it from stretchnow or gaiam.

Contains modified excercises for each of the 3 trimesters. I was following the dvd right up until d-day!