Thread: tips for exercising at home with the kids?

Question tips for exercising at home with the kids?

Anyone got any tips? I have some DVDs here which I want to get into doing but as they are mainly Pilates I find it hard to get a whole session in around the kids and can't focus properly with the kids around. Obviously it would be ideal the have them baby sat but it's not an option. They don't sleep during the day anymore (well bub does!).

Any ideas, tips??? How do you manage?

Make it a game for them too! Get them to try & do the things you are or dance around to the music maybe?

paradise lost Guest

I run with her in a specially designed running buggy. You can get double versions, but not triples. I guess if i was you i'd get a 2-seater bike wagon and a bike seat for bubs and cycle. I have to get out though! LOL.

I know LOTS of people who have a machine (elliptical/exercise bike/treadmill) at home and get up 90mins before the kids to work out a few times a week.

Is there a gym with a creche near you? My gym got rid of it's creche which is a bummer, but my healthy living centre (subsidised gym) has one which i'll be using in a few weeks.

Just tried that Sarah, worked ok but they lost interest! lol

Hoobly, I'm not a runner, it would kill me! lol But I'm looking into the treadmill thing...

Gyms, I would say yes but at the moment I feel bubs is too little to be looked after there.....maybe later on.

Thanks