Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waxing

Default waxing

not sure if this is a good spot to post cause its not baby related. anyway....

i havent had the need to wax my upper lip but over the last month or two i have noticed that the hair their is darkening up a little. and when i wear make up it kinda catches on the hair and makes it darker. i am wanting to get it waxed but i dont want to wax it and have it grow back thicker and darker or wirey.

if you wax there once does it mean i will forever have to keep waxing that area? and will it get darker and thicker and more wirey?

this has just started happening to me too i have been getting it waxed.

If you can afford it go for electrolysis or laser. I cant!

no, i cant afford those things either. its a bummer too, i have always thought i was lucky not to have to worry about getting hair there. i am moderatly fair so i dont know if it is an age thing that it is happening now.

so now that you had your first wax is it a thing you always have to do?

i guess so, until i can afford the previously mentioned methods!

Waxing does make hair grow back thicker or darker. In fact, I think more women say that the more often they wax, the less hair that grows back, after a while.
    The only drawback to me is the OUCH and the ingrown hairs.

Cricket - did you mean doesnt?
    Waxing generally grows back much finer and fewer, and much fairer (usually) expecially if it isnt dark to begin with. Shaving will cause it to grow coarse

I get my lip and *ahem* my chin waxed. After I stopped taking the pill, i got very dark hair on both. So waxing is the only thing that works (as I cannot afford laser either!! lol) I find now that I only need to do my lip every 8-10 weeks, sometimes longer, and my chin whilst getting better, still has to be done every 6-8 weeks with my eyebrows.

Just make sure that you go to someone who is experienced, the wax isnt too hot and that they use HOT wax (not strip wax) on your face - you will get less reaction from it.

Are you in melbourne or Perth? I can recommend someone

HTH

Ah yes, sorry! This is what comes of trying to nurse and type at the same time! I'll try again: waxing DOESN'T cause hair to grow back darker!

lol - I know that feeling. DD likes to try to eat the side of the desk if shes on my lap!

thanks girls.
    thats good to know that generally waxing will not create more darker and thicker hairs. next question...

i have a wedding in 3 weeks and a hens night in 2 weeks. i want to wax my upper lip for the first time and i want it to be hair free for both occasions. should i got and get it done a few days before the hens and then it will be ok by the wedding the following week? or will it have grown back slightly by then?

or should i just wait until after the hens and have it nice for the wedding?

or can i do it both weeks?

eeek!

does it hurt a lot in that area?

For the first time I would get it done about a week before the event - it should be fine for about 4 - 6 weeks.

Reason for a week is the first time you can get little whiteheads (not huge, just a few) and they will go away after a few days. It will also feel numb for a day or two.

sadly, I think lip waxing hurts the most but at least it is over very quickly - unlike bikini/g/brazilian

yep, the first time i got it done i got those nasty little white heads. only the first time though!

As for how long it lasts - i guess its each individual, but i need to get mine done every 3 weeks

Have you ever had your armpits waxed?? Well, it hurts nowhere near as much!! lol ...its like gettin g your eyebrows done, unless they get your actual lip *ouchies* I personally don think it hurts that much, its usually on 2 rips anyway ...just get it done AFTER you have everything else done you want to do in public!! lol not the best look walking around Coles with your lip bright red!!

eeew @ whiteheads! thanks for the tip! i think i will try and get it done this weekend. that will be one week beofre hens and 2 before wedding so it should be alright. thanks again everyone.

You can get it bleached at a beauty salon if you don't want to risk waxing.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    lol ...its like gettin g your eyebrows done, unless they get your actual lip *ouchies* I personally don think it hurts that much,
    When I have my eyebrows done, I have tears running down my cheeks. I think I must have pretty sensitive skin. That's the only thing I've been brave enough to wax thus far. (well, at a salon, anyways. There was a DIY bikini fiasco about 6 months ago. )

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    There was a DIY bikini fiasco about 6 months ago. )
    OUCH!! lol Yeah I have never been game enough to get it waxed, and sure never been game enough to do it myself!! I think you are very brave!

I think theres a thread somewhere about a horror bikinni wax...I think the woman died? or almost died cos she was a diabetic or something strange...NOT COOL!

Yes, I remember reading that one. And hearing about it on the news. That was shortly after I had attempted mine. Within days, actually. I considered it a sign.
    Mine wasn't quite THAT bad. I got started, (6 or 7 months pg, by the way) but DH had to come and finish the job for me - brave man. Once the wax is on you, you don't have a whole lot of choice but to take it off! There was a great deal of yelling and screaming, a bit of bleeding, and plenty of vows that I would NEVER do that again, no matter how hot and sexy it was. I don't think I even made promises like that after labour.
    If you don't mind me borrowing your thread for a bit, Hollo, I'm curious what everyone else does for bikini trimming. I've tried plucking, but who on earth has time (or flexibility!) to do that properly?! Shaving makes me crazy - I get a rash within hours, even if I exfoliate and use a new razor. Waxing was obviously a no-go. Am I just stuck with being "au natural" or is there something I am missing?

lol cricket - i know exactly what you mean! TBH, mine has been a la naturale for the last few months - i wish it would just go away, i mean why is it there to begin with? Evolution missed a step......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast