Thread: Waxing while pregnant

Red face Waxing while pregnant

Is it ok to wax while pregnant? I'm at the stage where I can't see my nether regions but know things are kind of getting out of control down there. I'm too scared to take to them with a razor flying blind (the Texas Chainsaw Massacre keeps coming to mind)... I asked DH if he'd oblige and he muttered something about 'it not being in the vows' - I thought he'd be delighted at the offer... I wonder if it's ok to wax with all this extra blood pumping around my body at the moment. Has anybody any advice for me.

Hi Maybub

Yes, technically there is nothing wrong with waxing while pregnant. Personally though, I found that my skin was so sensitive when I was pg that I couldn't entertain the thought of going through with a wax. But I have heard of other women waxing and having no problems. Hope this helps. Good luck.

HE HE HE
    I guess I am lucky as my DH gives me a "mow" but in my last pregnancy I waxed right up until 38 weeks
    I think I just wussed out this time and am just getting the clippers onto it with DH assistance.

My wax lady said the only thing is sometimes you might bleed just a tiny bit from where the hair folicle gets pulled out but that stops within a few seconds to minutes

Good luck and go hard
    xo

I am still getting full brazilian and full leg and have had 'no problems'. That being said, Boy does it hurt!!!! heaps more than normal. I usually try to take a panadol 30mins before appointment to help, but it still is horrible. Wax lady said with all the extra blood it usually hurts more while pregnant.

Honestly - I don't think it hurts anymore than when you are not pregnant - that's for me anyway. I got brazilian, legs and eyebrows done when I was pregnant (and when I wasn't pregnant too before and after falling pregnant) as it become very hard to reach down there. I had no problems with extra pain, bleeding, bruising or ingrowns. It just seems cleaner to me to get it waxed especially after birth for the next 3 weeks or so IYKWIM.

Each to their own - maybe trial a bikini wax first and see how you take it and then go from there.

I'm definately hitting the waxing bed for this one again.

Thank you girls, sounds like there'll be no issue rather than possibly a little more pain - which, I realise on a scale of 1 to 10 is nothing compared to what is coming.

Thanks again.