Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with me.... feeling so blah....

Default Whats wrong with me.... feeling so blah....

The last few weeks to a month i have been feeling so well that just it... I feel blah... how do u describe that. i feel lifeless. Tired, run down, aching all over, weak, my head is like mush. It goes all night and i cant turn it off but during the day its like i have no brain.

I have no advice, but just wanted to say I feel the same. I'm sluggish and tired and listless and...... and just don't wanna! Don't want to do anything, my brain has gone on holidays and won't come back, I forget everything.....it sucks!

That sucks. I know the feeling well! Could you have low iron? I know when my iron levels are low I feel so tired and I can't think straight or function properly. It might be worth going and talking to your GP, he/she would probably send you off for some BT's to see if they can find the problem.

:yeahthat:

sending you hugs. Hope your feeling better soon.
    xx

I was going to suggest low iron too. Could also help if you try and get out for a walk (doesn't have to be far or fast!!!) Just get out and get some fresh air and some vitamin d. Should do you the world of good

B Vitamins are also really good for picking you up, could be a variety of things really...
    Are you drinking enough water? sometimes something as simple as dehydation can really stuff you up - not to mention make you forgetful at times.
    I would go and see your GP and have a electrolyte panel done (simple blood test) plus or minus anything else that they may want to check...

Are you sleeping? Bubs keepig you awake? you could just be run down and tired, lask of sleep is awful - there is a reason why it is a form of torture!!!

I also agree with Catherinemoses, getting some exercise (even though it probably is the last thing that you want to do) will help boost your energy and send all the sluggish blood around the body quicker and flush out toxins...

Hope you are OK

Yep, sounds like low iron to me too. I feel completely zonked when I haven't been taking my iron tablets and then when I feel zonked I forget to take them. Annoying. I have containers of them all around the house. And on my desk at work.

Low iron or Low B12??? They're as important as each other.
    Make sure you have some form of Vitamin C with your iron source - potatoes and capsicum are really good choices as it will help you to absorb iron.
    B12 is available in meats, eggs, nutritional yeast and supplements. I recently switched to a different supplement, and the change has been enormous. I'm getting more power on my bike, I wake up smiling, not exhausted, and I can stay awake past 9:30.
    Maybe try one of those?

The thing is when i take iron suppliments i get bad constipation... (Sorry TMI) Which is why i avoid them. any way i can combat this??? Would it stil be benificial to take vitamin tabs every 2-3rd day???

Jess, I have to have metamucil or something similar, or make sure I eat heaps of fibre (like sultana bran, porridge, apples, pears....) every day religiously when I'm on iron supplements. It is a common side effect to get constipated. I would try taking a good quality supplement if you're feeling so yuck. My Dr told me I need to start taking a supplement cause I'm still fully bfing DS. And I'm still on iron since I had low iron after haemmoraging (sp??) after giving birth.

I found the chelated iron from GNC is great, it doesn't constipate at all.

paradise lost Guest

Jess get thee to the GP and have them test your thyroid. Low iron and low thyroid function can feel the same, and he can check your iron at the same time (low thyroid function can also CAUSE low iron). It's a simple blood test

Bx

I was just about to suggest getting your thyroid checked as well.

if you need to take iron get the liquid iron,its not cheap but doesnt constipate you

mmm I took the floridex stuff from your health food shop. It wasn't cheap but didn't have the nasty side effects of constipation. I am 80% of the time iron deficient.... its not pleasant.

Thanks ladies. Never thought to get the thyroid checked. I just dont feel like its low iron related. But hey i'm not a GP. I feel burnt out, run down and just drifting round

Hey Jess, have you lost a lot of weight quickly or are you finding it hard to lose weight?

Also if it is your thyroid you would be lsing hair too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast