Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoga for tubby mamma's

Default Yoga for tubby mamma's

Who here does yoga and your not thin as a stick?

I heard yoga is reallyyyyyyyyyyy good for losing weight and getting in shape, but how can a chubby person do it ?

I am 88 kilo's and should be around 70 and want to know if chubby people can actually do yoga?

I'm about 75kg, so definitely not skinny and I do yoga. I love it. I feel since falling pg it's helped me keep the extra weight off, considering the food I eat.

oooooh oooooohh, maybe I could do it!

I am just worried about one thinhg though and dont you dare laugh at me, its ok if you laugh with me, just dont be laughing at me, lmao did I confuse you!

NOW, is it true you pass wind when you are in certain positions? Cause I do not like to break wind infront of others!

OMG, YES!!!!! And it's twice as bad when you're pregnant lol

Ha soul I am definately laughing with you!

When I was attending pregnacy yoga I had no wind problems.. sorry i have the giggles... but since having DS Ifind doing positions like the cobra, I can often feel it but not coming from the usual place IYKWIM I get a little embarresed but no one has said anything...hmm maybe thats why noone talks to me hahaha!(just kidding)

Most the time I am in such a meditative state that i dont notice anyone else and I think it would go the same for others in the class.

I am 75kgs and wanting to loose weight and yoga is my way! I love it cause its so beautiful and relaxing as well as being great exercise.

Go for it you will love it!x

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT FARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will die !

Ahahahaha, soul you crack me up!! HEHEHE!!!!!!! Yoga is great. I don't do it anymore since I can't afford the classes at the mo, but I did it before and I loved it. I wasn't as heavy as I am now, but would have been about 75kg's, probably a bit more. I really want to go back, but will have to wait til I go back to work and start earning some money we can play with. As for the farting, yep it happens. Every now and again I'd hear one pop out and have a giggle to myself, only because I knew what it was like myself , LOL! How about getting a DVD to do at home if you don't want to go to a class, though I would reccommend a class, great 'me' time, quiet, help from an instructor to do poses correctly, sooo relaxing!

I've got 2 yoga dvd's, and it's definitely not as good as being there like kellieem said.

omg they would have to carry me out on a stretcher if I farted infront of a class. What is the lady or man farted infront of me and it stunk, I woud not be able to shut my mouth from telling them they smell like a dead rat!

My daughters best friends nanna is a yoga instructor and keeps asking me to join as it is good for the physical and the spirit. I wanted to till I found out that some bottoms play tunes in the classes, and being my luck it would be my bum that plays the loudest tune.

I might start of at home, where do I get a dvd on yoga and can you learn from watching a dvd?

oooops, jodie missed your answer till after I replied!

hey all

I am a firm believer in yoga for health, fitness and weight loss

I did those crazy 'spin' classes...aerobics on a bike...and did not lose anything,
    as soon as I started back at yoga once a week the weight dropped off, slowly but surely...it has to do with posture (good posture and your immediately look trimmer), strengthening the abdomen and pelvic floor (so you do sometimes have to really focus on the pelvic floor...yoga is the best way to tone them )...and allowing the body's systems to become balanced and working in tip top condition

I luuuurve my yoga practise...Im addicted and certainly feel much better for it...mmm class starts in just over an hour...yay

Oh and I am just 1kg off my pre pregnancy weight with Jay...and only 3kg off my pre (any) baby weight...but I'm still a curvy mummy...no stick thin here

xx yogababy

i did it once and it didnt do anything for me. i dont think it would do much for weight loss as i believe you need to get your heart pumping for that. it would be good for toning though and the relaxation bit at the end was awesome!

I loved yoga - am negotiating time with DF to get back here regularly.

Yogamuma - There's hatha yoga (sp?) or yoga that isn't hatha at my gym, what are the benefits of hatha yoga? I've only done the other yoga which I found amazing for my back (and I didn't fart from ermmm, anywhere) , it was mostly stretching.

Soul - you're going to be a doula, I don't think a few farts will be the worst you have! And imagine how much help you can give your future clients with the yoga - specially if you go to the classes where they correct your posture.

Yes me being a Doula , I will support what ever bodily functions they may have!But don't think I have to share mine to be one!!! he he he I will settle for my Reiki Helaing and Meditation services, thats good enough for me for now!!!!

I've done yoga and I've never had that problem Soul, lol, I wouldn't let that happen, I'd be way too embarrassed!

HE HE sara, maybe if I tighten bum muscles I can keep the wind in?

rofl soul

You ladies are a riot!! Try ebay Soul - I got a few yoga and pilates pregnancy dvd's there when I was pg and I still do them now post baby (when I have the time - read - about once every fortnight )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast