Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Service Announcement From Paris

That's so awesome! She is worth bottling Cailin, for sure How beautiful she is. Would you mind asking her though...if they understand and we don't need to scream/yell/shout, why do they ignore us to the point where we do scream/yell/shout?? lol.

HAHAHAHA yes we're having that discussion alot lately... as yet we haven't been able to come up with a found answer

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have promised Maddy I wont yell anymore, instead we will talk... It's been since reading Pari's announcement!!!

So on Tuesday night she comes hom from school to tell me she has organised a halloween party at our house (it's 5:30pm as she tells me this)... I just look at her baffled, then he friend from school rings & is at her uncles in Springvale & says we can go collect her if we want...
    Now just so you know I have had a very ill baby for the last 10+days & have no energy to do anything, I work Full Time & so does DH we have both jsyt gotten home had a brief chat, I have fed Indah & Maddy tells me this...
    I think of Paris & I calmly explain to Maddy, that we dont plan parties or things at our house unless we have asked Mum or Dad first or we have organised it together!
    I explain that I am totally exhausted & I do not want a few girls at our place wanting to get dressed up & head out in the night as i will have to supervise & I just totally cannot do it...
    We get the tears, doors slammed etc, but I remain calm...

I then run a bath for both girls & they hop in I tal;k with Maddy & explain again it's not the right thing to do & give her scenario's that would be the same but from her perspective, she eventually bursts into tears gives me a kiss & a hug & apologises!!!
    Promising to discuss things with us in future!!!

WOW.... Now Cailin, I desperatley need the place to go for Trick or Treating next year!!! Thanks!

LOL

WOOHOOO Tracey You've made me cry. You have a special girl there! And you're a special mum by the sounds of it!

In regards to Halloween Google USA foods I think we need to get together and have that coffee too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks darl... I will be in touch, I am having some time off over the next 2 nwks to spend with the inlaws, but I will be in touch, we may be able to sneak a coffee in!!!!
    Definately will catch up.... SOON!

Oh Maddy is such a good girl. I love her

That is the best story - can my little Flynn grow up just like Paris???

Awww Tracey, how good is that

I needed to be reminded of this last week.... I thought I'd share....

FAR OUT! I missed this before.

That's just amazing to hear words like that from someone so young, I'm printing this off and sticking it on the wall...

what a cutie! how old was she when she said that?

I *think* she was 5?? I'm not sure, but isn't it amazing? It just reminds me to sit & talk rather than get frustrated at smaller things.

I used get frustrated all the time - DD has certainly taught me alot about patience but I think little paris takes the cake.

You are doing an awesoem job there cai!

I may be a sook but that actually made me teary.
    Can I ask how old Paris is? I can't wait to tell DH this story.

Aaaaah, crap, I shouted at DS to hush and close his eyes last night. But asking nicely didn't work! Shouting did. Then again, up an hour and a half after his usual sleep time may have worked too.

RF - I guess the thing is to be reminded of this, of course we all loose it at some point, thats part of being human, and its something that children have to see to learn from themselves. How to act after the fact.... ykwim?

Just wanted to *bump* the awesomeness of Rouge and her daughter. I think of this thread at least once a month (usually just before I get shouty - not that it aleays stops me) and I know Liebling appreciates it. So thank you both again.

Kids come out with some amazing, insightful things. They are always listening. Pretty impressive, Rouge!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast