Thread: Cosleeping and DTD?

Red face Cosleeping and DTD?

Hi to all you co sleepers...

Well the 'bringing up baby' program brought up the issue of DTD with bubs in bed with you and how it can affect your newborn - well some believe.

We have DTD with DD in bed with us, she was asleep and on the other side of the bed,(not being actively being 'bounced around') we didnt actually think anything of this, but as it was raised we have thought about what age would be inappropriate.

So - when did you stop?
    What age do you think that it is appropriate to
    I am asking this in the scenario that your child is asleep - i dont think that I could actually DTD if DD was awake, i think that it would be a bit of a mood killer - however i am not condemning it, nor passing judgement if any of you do so.

We are part time cosleepers so at times its not an issue, but sometimes, you know, you get the urge to do it RIGHT NOW

thanks in advance

I can't do it when Jazz is in bed with us. Actually I can't do it when Jazz is in the same room LOL! I just need it to be us two, zone out and do our thing and not have to think "am I being too noisey?" We do it other places... theres LOTS of places...

I don't find it inappropriate, at 7 months I don't think its going to have any negative effect (and in fact if you want to get down to it apparently the sound of parents DTD is supposed to be relaxing because of the yummy hormones that would go through the placenta and apparently they associate the noise with the feeling... this is what I read somewhere anyway... so in fact it seems it quite the opposite of harmful PMSL!) at 7 months.

I'm not sure what age I'd find it inappropriate... I suppose it depends on when they become aware of whats actually happening KWIM. So whenever they get to that age. It would be different for each child I guess wouldn't it.

i didn't anser your question did I? Sorry!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

We don't co sleep but have DTD in front of DD. Sometimes we just get the urge and she'll burst into the bedroom and wonder around the bed or we'll do it in the lounge. I do find it off putting, but at 1 year old she doesn't know what's happening. I think a bit later in the year as she approaches 2 it might become less appropriate.

Our babes always seemed to sleep through it, and before it became an issue they had moved into their own beds, by choice!! HHmmm maybe....they instintivly knew what was going on and had to leave the bed

i think its once they can start interupting by more then just crying or whinging... so by crwaling over or walking in the room...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I could not DTD with DS in same room let alone in bed, but if you are ok with it go for it.

DS is a very light sleeper so would wake him uo and screaming baby is a mood killer Lol, we have turned off moniter while DTD when he woke but were finished quickly as momment gone!

Have done it with DS asleep in the same bed, on the other side since he was born. Now he goes to sleep in his own bed, so mostly, that's when we'll go for it. Otherwise, when DS is awake, he's awake and there's no concentrating on satisfying horniness!

yep managed to DTD with bub in bed when we co-slept now his cot is'side-carred' next to my side of the bed with just a safety rail on it and he sleeps through although he has woken slightly when i got abit noisey OOPs...but went back to sleep.

The lounge room can be lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaness View Post
    Otherwise, when DS is awake, he's awake and there's no concentrating on satisfying horniness!
    Yep totally agree on that one!
    JUst to clarify, it is only when she is asleep and usually when she is in a deep sleep, i am not one for an awake audience!

Thanks guys for your answers, its nice to be able to come on here and ask a question to like minded people and get an answer not a look like OMG - roll eyes - what IS she doing/thinking!!!

i couldnt DTD while Mia is co-sleeping with us. We wait till she is down for the night and do it in other places around the house.. eg, lounge room. We have DTD once in our bed since she was born and it was coz she was asleep in her bouncer in the lounge. So sorry.. no co-sleeping sexin goin on here.

But hay.. its ur child, you choice

I haven't had a shag in my own bed for 1.5 years! We go elsewhere, usually the spare bed. There is no way we could do it with DS in the bed.

I could never DTD with DD in the same bed or room even. It creeps me out if the dog even walks in

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    I could never DTD with DD in the same bed or room even. It creeps me out if the dog even walks in
    Bahaha, same here!
    It happened once, dog walks in and ****s his head to one side as they do. Real mood killer!
    No experience with bubs yet though, but I don't think I could do it. But each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by Teagz View Post
    Bahaha, same here!
    It happened once, dog walks in and ****s his head to one side as they do. Real mood killer!
    No experience with bubs yet though, but I don't think I could do it. But each to their own!

hehehe totally feel the same!! My damn cat has figured out how to open the door and of course he wants to sit ON us.... eeeeeewwwww!! total mood killer!!!

my sil co-sleeps and says she will until DS decides he wants his own bed... I couldnt do this I keep thinking what if he doesnt want his own bed til his 5?

But again no judgment to others diff'rent stokes... as they say

Quote Originally Posted by beckleberry View Post
    My damn cat has figured out how to open the door and of course he wants to sit ON us.... eeeeeewwwww!! total mood killer!!!
    our cats are the same. but we now shove them off and keep going! DH thinks its funny...untill they run cross him! haha

we semi co-sleep with DS. we've never DTD while he's been in the bed though - its not big enough!

I agree the lounge room is the best place....along with the kitchen