Thread: our bed is a nightclub!!!

Unhappy our bed is a nightclub!!!

Hi all!!!!
    Our beautiful amzing daughter has been sharing our bed with us for a while now; however this last week has seen her turn our bed into a nightclub, where the partiers party hard till the very wee hours of the morning, normally with the clud closing around 4:30 to 5 am!!! she seems to think that this is great (and we can find it funny, even tho we dont let her in on this)... She sings, dances, claps, talks, and is very hands on in getting us involved in her partying!!!!!!!
    Even tho she seems to be having the time of her life, we are not!!! Can some one please help us???

Justine

For us, that would be the stage that we would put ds back in his own bed, while he was cheerful and content.

Otherwise, could you have her in between you with both your backs to her? That way she can't poke your eyes or kick your chest/face and you guys create a barrier with your backs where she can't climb over you - so you might be able to nod off knowing that she can't get into any trouble and fall out of bed.

I suppose you could also put her cot in your room? So she can know you're still there but you're not getting your heads sat on and ribs poked?

All the best, it's hard sometimes to find a solution that works for everyone hey.

I have no idea hun, but thankyou for making me smile!

Maybe you could bring her cot into your room and move the dancefloor into it.

I'm a big advocate of co-sleeping (have done it with all my 3) however a bit of variety in sleeping arrangements can be a good thing. Like the girls suggested I'd try moving a cot into your room at first. Or (this is what we try sometimes) roll out a futon or something on the floor next to your bed and settle her down there and when she's asleep move back up into your bed.... or visa versa! If she won't settle in your bed tell her that you are going to move down onto the futon...and do it if she keeps partying!

How old is your DD?

So, the 2am lockout isn't working?? lol

Lulu! She's in Orange darl... might not "get" our Melbournian lockout news.... still, very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2 View Post
    So, the 2am lockout isn't working?? lol

As least she's partying nicely and there's no violence.

thank you all so much!!!
    altho maya (DD) still sleeps in our room, cot and all... We have actually turned her room into the spare room!!! She starts off in her cot, and then once she wakes and we cant get her back into her own bed, she comes in with us... Not that we mind at all....
    I still dont get a chance to catch the news that much, sorry!
    Should have said this originally, but we start off by explaining to her (she will be 9months next friday 20th) that it is not the time to party; then we move to her bed, when she gets upset shes back; then its rock her to sleep in the rocking chair, which also incurs the battle of the stubborn (it really sucks that both of her parents are stubborn souls) and finally once shes asleep a couple of hours later, she is in with us, cause we dont want to risk putting her in her cot!
    With all that been said, we do love sharing our bed, and couldnt think of not doing it now; but the partying is killing us!!

Oh Justine, you had me in stitches. Your DD sounds a bit like mine. We went through a stage of that, too. It drove me insane. I have to admit, I couldn't always see the funny side to it, I'm not very humorous in the middle of the night when I'm sleep deprived.
    For us it helped if DH carried her through the house for a while. Then he would recline on the couch with DD on his chest, rocking her to sleep. Other nights it was enough if I fed her, then scooped her up in my arms, snuggling her to sleep. Often being a little confined and snug was enough to calm her. But there were also nights when I just gave in, took her into the loungeroom and let her have a play before trying to settle her again.
    We have a very similar set up where DD starts the night in her bed (could only put her in the cot asleep) and usually comes into our bed in the early hours (anywhere between 12 and 3)
    This phase will end. You will be able to sleep through again one day. It might not be tomorrow, or the day after. But the day will come.
    In the meantime, try some of the suggestions of the other girls. I actually left her in bed with DH a couple of times, just cause I was going insane. I usually came back an hour later, but at least I had 1 hour of sleep!

I hope it gets better and I commend you for being able to see the funny (and kinda cute) side to it all.

Sasa