Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gestational Diabetes

I am glad things are going good for you.We are TTC and hope it is soon, bit scare of what could be ahead for us.

Why would you be scared of what's ahead?

I have never had a easy prenancy yet , my age makes it even harder.

Joole, I'm glad to hear you found controlling your GD as easy as I did! Not too long to go now and your little one will be here and it will all be gone

Betty-Are you insulin dependant or just diet controlled?

Bettyboop, didn't realise you had difficulties, sorry to hear that.

Ashlee, yeah can't wait to meet bubs. Getting a bit over being pg this week, more so cos I can't sleep and also sugars we're all over the place yesterday......

Jools - I am due the day after you and succumbed to the need for insulin last week after my sugars were all over the shop when I ate EXACTLY the same things So far, after increasing the dose, we are looking a little more stable which is my main aim so I can still go to the birth centre to have this baby. I hope things keep going well for you with diet alone but the insulin isn't too bad.

What a bugger Michelle. I really don't totally understand the way your body reacts or whatever it does to insulin. I too eat exactly the same things most days and sometimes I really can't work out why I am having high readings, it really bothers me. The only things I look for is if I am tired or stressed at work. This is my last week at work, so I am confident that I should be able to get the GD readings more under control.
    I am truly hoping I don't have to go on insulin, but if it is the best things for bubs & me I will. I've heard that as you get along further in pg the GD gets harder to control.

Gracia Guest

High sugar levels in your blood can be unhealthy for both you and your baby. If the diabetes isn't treated, your baby may be more likely to have problems at birth. For example, your baby may have a low blood sugar level or jaundice, or your baby may weigh much more than is normal. Gestational diabetes can also affect your health. For instance, if your baby is very large, you may have a more difficult delivery or need a cesarean section.

hiya

i found out yesterday i failed my 3 hour glucose test. they are going to call me monday or tuesday to see a dietiritican (sp) and sort everything out then. I am with midwifes tho at the moment so does it mean that i am catoergised as High Risk and have to change to a OB? anyone know?

i have been arming myself with as much information as i can. Also i wanted to know the finger ***** test things do u have to buy them or hire one, or do u get one to use while u have GD etc. if you have to buy is it medicare covered and if so how much etc.

any other information would be handy thanks

angel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123