Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #5

I think the cricut has been out the last 7months or so? Its advertisement is usually on the back of scrap magazines.It was a xmas theme last time i looked.

mae Guest

Wink

I must admit that I am now addicted to scrapbooking. My (Soon to be) MIL gave me a kit for Christmas and a printer for my digicam and i've been hooked! Here I am, Friday night, 19 years old (legal drinking age here), Kyles at work and I had planned on going out with my girlfriends...but I'm scrapbooking. If I wasn't having so much fun i'd think i was a loser! haha! I've been puting together a book of me and my family ( my 3 brothers and my sister and parents) and one of kyle and me pre-engagement and one of our wedding plans...none of them are done of course, actually I haven't even got one page complete..just photos mounted and layed all accross the floor waiting to be glued. anyways...I don't understand lots of this online scrapbooking stuff you guys are talking about... ...i'm no good with computers...but give me scissors and some paper and i'm good to go!

Caro.. id probably at least get one that has some good solid type and some that have funky ones.. i like the Attract, Base Camp, Stamped and Doodletype ones myself. Theyd be the ones id use and would buy from you.

Mae.. Hi!!I know what you mean! Im so addicted to scrapbooking.. only problem is with a 4 month old, theres not much time to do it! But i do whenever i can.

gosh we have beenbusy chatting,

In relation to albums, I check for acid and lignin free and then buy in my price range.

As for the die cut, I haven't really use dthem much Caro, not sure if there is a huge market for it but I do know that if you can offer chosen names then people love that type of thing, mum sells alphabet beads, 20 for $1.00 and you choose the letters you want. So doing something similar could be good, also making up alphabets say 2 of each and some extra vowels maybe. And theme stuff like xmas words and pics, easter, bday.

mae Guest

Okay, whats the proper way to scrap book? Am I supposed to mount my pictures on to that fancy paper (thats just normal paper wieght but has a design) or am i supposed to mount it on the thick solid coloured paper? ...I know I 'could' just do whatever way but I was just wondering the proper way. Also, how do I put the sheets into the actual book. Its just got plain white paper in it..so do I just glue my pages in...or am I supposed to glue the pictures right onto the white paper?? Man, who knew it could be this confusing

I dont think there is a "proper" way as such to scrapbook.. you just do what suits you and you like. I use paper, but my sister uses cardstock.. so its whatever you like.
    Um.. not sure what type of book or album you have but mine has plastic sleeve you slide the pages into... you could just stick them on if you want a different coloured background to white?

Mae- there are no rules. Some people use thinner paper at the back and also mount pics on cardstock and paper, or the other way around, prob depends how you want it to look. I do not use glue on my pictures at all, I glue paper to paper or cardstock, but I use double sided tape on my photos as they are easier to remove if I wanted to, and glue smears and dripping worries me. So you can use tape that you cut or squares that are pre cut, or even those tape runners or dispensers. But rules....NONE! Take a look in some Magaines for ideas etc.

mae Guest

Kell: I haveone of each, one with the plastic sheets and one with just paper...I just got the plastic one today because it was on sale lol

Mitch:thanks for clearing up the rules (or lack there of ). Good idea about the no glue...because who knows when I'll want to take picture off without totally distroying all my hard work

Mae- yeah i would try not to use glue also, just dont know what it may look like in years to come if it stains through the pages etc. but other then that you do what suits u and what u like doing thats what makes it so fun!

You can get special scrapbooking glue that is acid free etc.. make sure you use that and not normal glue.

*TamaraP* Guest

Well, after getting some great shots in QLD I decided I should start scrapbooking. I probably won't post as much, but get ideas off you girls for tips every now and again.
    If I get a chance I will take photos and put them on my photosite

i just went and printed over 200 photos of an o/s 2+ years ago that i wanna get stuck into. Then dh reminded me that we had an album somewhere with all the photos in it DOH! Just wasted $80 in printing pics i already have.
    bought a CM album and new paper pack that just come out, wanna get it done without spending a heap of time on it. can't wait to start!

Default Photographing fabric?

I have a question, whats the best way to photograph fabric, to get the truest colours I mean?

Other than natural light, any other suggestions?

I have a lot of craft fabric, fat quarters etc that I want to sell but I am having a hard time getting an accurate photo!

Any ideas readily accepted!!

Natural light definitely. The other thing is to have a play around with the settings in photoshop, fiddle with the levels & contrast until you can get it as close a possible. If you have black & white fabrics at all it's sometimes easier to make the photo black & white then change the contrast rather than trying to get it perfect on the camera.....

HTH

I have noticed that if I take pics of certain colours my camera actually changes the colour, eg a purple actually looks blue, very strange!

Thanks ladies!
    My camera does that too Michelle, changes the colours etc.
    I hadnt even thought of photoshop. Will have a go at it on the weekend if we get some sunshine

Wow i havent posted in here in ages!
    Hows everyone's scrapping going? Ive been so slack lately.. mostly cos ive run out of photos to use, and havent been bothered going to print more, that and i cant afford it atm lol!

Hope everyones doing well!

SLACK SLACK SLACK here LOL! I think I'm only up to Zander being 8-9 months old ROFL!

How'd you go Ray with the photos?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast