Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #5

Default Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #5

Welcome to the Scrapbooking and Craftwork thread!

There are so many of us members (or should I say 'creative geniuses') that have passions for scrapbooking, quilting or other craftworks, that we have created this thread for everyone to be able to come and discuss their crafts and share ideas around with everyone.

here is where we left off...

Girls im so jelous of your layouts.They are so nice.Tiggy you done such a wondeful job.Im too embarrassed to show mine! Some are finished mostly but awaiting on a couple of extra embellishments to finish off.Sigh,need to get cracking!'
    Maz i havnt started that LO yet.Im trying to finish millana's first bday and my nana's letter case yet!! Finding time to do it is the key.

Time does help.. i wish i had more too!
    Caddie, i bet theyre still good cos you did them! Would still love to see your work

i went into spotlight today to have a look at the albums they sell.
    hasnt anyone bought or used their albums? if so what did u think? I didnt buy any just looked, still undecided if i should bite the bullet and spend the money on some CM albums.

No i havent used one but ive bought some of their scrapping stuff. I think theyll be fine as long as theyre acid free etc. Jesse's i got on ebay from the USA and is C.B Gibson.

I think the main thing is acid free. I dont go by any particular brand but more on what takes my fancy. There are some great albums out there.

yeah i didnt buy them cause i couldnt read anywhere that it said they were acid free. didnt find anyone to ask either.
    I will prob buy of my cm consultant. i had a look on ebay but didnt look much cheaper once u calculate shipping aswell. i have bought a few cm things off ebay though recently.

tiggy Guest

Caddie, thank you for saying my layouts are nice. I enjoyed doing them and I SO want to see your layouts! Kell is right. They will be fabulous because YOU did them! My Mum was the same when she started, she looked at mine and said I can't do that. I told her that it didn't matter what I thought of it or what anyone else thought of it, if she liked them, gave her satisfaction and made her feel good, then they were beautiful. I love all her layouts for the same reason my kids like mine- because it gives me an insight into her perspective on life. She's getting pretty darn good at it too, the mixing of patterns and textures.
    I hope you will show us your layouts.

okay,they are in my homepage.I still havnt finished my fav layout of millana gardening but hope to soon.I dont have a certain style.I just get ideas off mags and try something different each time.

tiggy Guest

Caddie! They are gorgeous girl! Thank you for sharing them. I love the colours in the birthday layout and the Daddy layout is well done and heart felt.

OMG Caddie theyre beautiful! What were you talking about girl!?! I love the family one!!

Cadiie- i agree with everyone great scrapping!

Caro as far as talking to other ladies in my circle,all love the cricut and if they ever purchased this type of thing the cricut it would be.
    I seen the xyron print runner going well at auction a few months back too so there is a market for these things.
    Have you checked ebay to see what they are selling for and if buyers are buying?
    I know in wa a scrapshop selling the cricut for $500 and 1 memory stick? for letters and stuff?

There are a few people out there already doing it Caro. I know ive heard from some people as well, that their local shops have them, and if you go there you can use them for a fee etc.
    I think its an expensive tool for the occasional scrapbooker and would only be for someone serious to buy for themself. So essentially, there would be a market for it. So having a wide range of products would be ideal.
    On the other hand, there could be loads of other people thinking the same thing, I know when Sizzix first came out, people were charging quite a bit for the cuts, now most have come down a fair bit.

Personally.. i think it would be awesome to have, but i think it would be more benfitial if you were to use it personally (and maybe sell stuff on the side). I think youd still be able to make some money if you were to purchase it but $2500 is alot of money to make back.. you then have to take into account how much it will cost on top of that for the paper or card or whatever you use. Go to ebay and look up die cuts in the completed sections, some sell, some dont, but its not for much.
    Thats just my opinion on it.

Like Summer said, i reckon within 6 months or so the price will drop.. but again its totally up to you.. if you want to get it then by all means go for it (i would!) and ill definately buy from you.. just something to think about i guess.

Well if you can get it like that and it works for you then why not. I know one thing you could make money on ebay with is the Alphabets.. as everyone always needs alphabets! And i dont think many are selling them as die cuts.. more just the shapes and stuff.

Go on do it, you know you want to

Caro! i worked out afterwards about the person when I opened the link later on.

Im very pleased to say, that I have finished 4 pages the other day =) YAHH has taken me months to get around to it, but have done.

Another question.. does anyone use any digital scrapbooking programs? Or know of any good ones?

Caro.. did you or are you going to get the Cricut?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast