Thread: Christmas Present for 7 year old???

Default Christmas Present for 7 year old???

I am having a lot of trouble chosing a Christmas present for my 7 year old daughter. Between the 2 girls (my DSD is also 7) they have more Barbies and accessories than Mattel, so I want to steer clear of more of those.

We usually get them one big present each, a few smaller bits and pieces (craft things, a bratz doll, cd's etc) and a present to share (last year was a trampoline). We also get them an Oxfam gift (a goat, chicken etc) as a donation from them to Oxfam.

Chloe's main present is an art set with easel, paints, charcoal etc as she loves art.

I am totally stuck with Jasmyn. She is quite sporty (we got her a netball ring for her birthday), loves horses, is very girly. I am sure she would love whatever we got her, but I want to get her something that suits her (like the art stuff with Chloe) and not just another barbie thing.

I would appreciate any suggestions!!!

Does she have rollerblades.

Yes Jo, she has roller blades. They were last year!! She loves them though.

If she is into horses, could you arrange for her to go for a horse ride, or even some introductory lessons?

I only had a 7 yr old boy last year but this year I have a 7yr old niece. We bought her a cute little clock for her room.

As you say she is sporty what about some sports equipment or something like that.

agh its hard to get Xmas presents isn't it

Jo, My DH's cousin turned 7 a few weeks ago and for her birthday we got her a bindeez 'pony pack', it came with everything, the trays, some templates, water sprayer, bindeez pen etc and they can use the case it comes in as a backdrop to set up a little scene of ponies and horses. It even comes with some little accessories like a carriage that they can join onto the horse. I think for all the stuff that comes with it they are pretty good value at $30.

My DD and niece are 7 at the moment, turning 8 very soon. So I got them bindeez packs of 2000 and 5000 beads, one gets the pony pack and one gets the pet pal pack, plus I also got them those little jewellery holders that look like a lady's body with the pretty dress and a voucher from diva so they can buy something to go with the new jewellery holder.

Nic

DD1's major presant this year is SingStar. She turns 6 next year & is very girly. She loves to sing though. Umm... How about a volley ball set or something. I'm not real sure about stuff to do with horses short of getting her one. Is she into jewellery making? There are alot of different jewellery making sets around.
    Does she like music? Maybe a portable CD player & some of those Hits for Kids CD's.