Thread: Do you think more exposure to Santa makes a child less scared of him?

Default Do you think more exposure to Santa makes a child less scared of him?

Not sure if this is where to post this or not?
    Do you think more exposure to Santa makes a child less scared of him?
    I have been letting Jett watch wiggly Christmas which has heaps of Santa in it.
    What does everyone think?

I think seeing Santa in person makes him less scary, but movies / TV, not so much. Zander is absolutely in love with Santa, loves looking at decorations, movies, posters etc, but in real life he's a little too scary! Visitng every week when we go shoping has helped a lot though, he's still very nervous at the moment. I have found one BIG BIG thing that helped... A real beard!! I don't know what it is, but the Santa with a fake beard was too scary & Zander hid behind my legs, Santa with a real beard got a full on conversation about cars & fire engines!! He still had to be picked up, but it made a huge difference.

I agree with Sarah, definitely in person it works. Last year I took the boys to see Santa at the shopping centre to prepare Jack for my work Chrissy party. He was scared at the shopping centre, reasonably ok at my Chrissy party and then by his third time, at the day care Chrissy party, he was so comfortable he jumped the queue and tried to grab another kid's present from Santa!

I haven't been able to get E near santa as yet, she is fine on television and on decorations its just when he moves and speaks. Not sure how this year is going she is now neally 3 so we talk about writing him a letter and taking it to him. So the exposure is different on many levels!
    Bec

yes definately - eliana has been against this year - is ok with him on tv etc but steers clear of him in person so today was in the city when the santa at dj's waved & i said you wont get response back - well then the extremely hot male photographer came over the pram to talk to eliana - after about 15mins she was happy to high 5 santa from the pram - the guy was great & so was santa -i tried to get her out of the pram but no so shopped for a bit & came back & after another 20mins she was happy to stand next to santa while he held the baby & eventually she was walking round with santa holding his hand! i can not praise those 2 guys anymore highly - luckily it wasnt busy & he even kept taking photos till we got a good one
    maybe take him a few times for a run through with your local santa & see how it goes

YAY Mel!!! It really helps when the photographer is good with kids too