Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Camping Thread

Trish - DH is from down that way and always tells me how beautiful Wilson's Prom is but he's never taken me lol I'd never heard of a ballot before until I rang to enquire about Glenelg River, we had to do the same.

Pac - Where in Adelaide are you headed, I can still wave

Cath - oohhh pop top is our eventual dream but for now we are tenting it. We have so much for just 1 littlie, can only imagine how much you'd have with 6 kids

Welcome Cath! We have just got our pop top Sunwagon camper and are going to christen it in March! Can't wait

Phoenix - We're staying at the Big4 Adelaide Shores at West Beach, which says it's 4kms from Glenelg. Wish some good weather for us!

Hi ladies,
    We went away on the weekend to Umina Big 4 caravan park, the kids had a ball. Was abit expensive min 2 nights $80 a night just for a powered camp site. We will go back as the kids did have a ball.

Wow, $80 a night is steep! But glad you had a good time!

We leave this week for our trip! Can't wait! We've christened the van, DH had to go away for work, so I towed it for him, spent the night and then came home. Went back to get him, stayed the night again and brought them home. It might be old, but we're really happy with it.

Pac - Where are you off to ?

We are off for our first trip with the kids in a tent to Lakes Entrance for the long weekend - bless all your cotton socks for the list! I have been stressing about remembering everything that we might need. Weather isn't looking great so I am a bit nervous about entertaining 2 poppets for 3 days in a tent with rain!!

Just bring gumboots Tan! It's amazing how much fun kids can have despite the weather

PRMG - What sort of van did you end up getting, I completely forget what you told me!

We're off to Lorne for the long weekend, I haven't been there for ages! Hopefully I'll be able to have everything packed in time!!

Cathie5 - We're off to Adelaide. We've never been before so we're a little bit excited! Staying at West Beach.

Tanstar - Have fun in Lakes Entrance. I love it there, gorgeous spot. Last time we went camping we got 50mm of rain in one night, it was wet, muddy and a little cold, but we still had a ball. There is a cinema there in Lakes, so if you get desperate, there's an indoor spot. I remember going there years ago, the cinema was like a school gym hall with chairs set out and they even had intermission! Not sure if it's been upgraded, but a novelty for the kids if it hasn't!

Trish - We got a Sunwagon pop-top camper, it's old, it's dented but it doesn't leak and we love it! And neat and tidy on the inside. Have fun in Lorne!

Thanks ladies!!!!! Far out I wish we had a camper haha! I grew up camping and I LOVED it but man a caravan would be so much easier! We have been drooling over the Jayco camper trailers that pop out on either side.

Making my list of things to take right now - better go get the kids some gumboots and raincoats before we head off!

Tanstar - we were looking at the Jayco ones too, the Eagle, I think it was. Our camper that we got looks exactly the same, the sides pop out and you sleep in the ends, only difference is it is a lot older, but it only cost us $1000. This is our first "offical" trip in it (we used it last week when DH was working away from home and set it up on the site he was at).

PRMG - I just told DH about your van and he has got me looking online to buy one for 1k before the weekend. Crazy man seriously!!! I found him one for $5k - will see what he says

LOL, Tanstar! We know the guy we bought it from, but he was going to advertise it on ebay for $1500. There are bargains out there, but you might just have to wait a little. Keep looking though! One of the best bits is that it fits in our garage! We don't have any room for one otherwise. We're going into cooler months soon, so people might want to offload them too. Good luck!

ETA: I forgot to say that we came up with a name for the camper - we've christened it "The Drop Bear Chaser"

Haha, good luck getting one for this weekend Tan! You can hire them you know?

PRMG - Sounds like you got a great bargain . Love the name too LOL!

Just got back from our week at Tathra. Had a great time . It rained while we were setting up, but otherwise good. We were in a tent. The kids loved all being in the room together. And waking up together in the morning. The best investment that we bought was a flyscreen tent. It gave shade during the day, and kept the mozzies off the kids at night. Then us adults would sit in it once the kids were in bed.

Trish we looked at hiring one but left it too late and they only had some left that had a bunk in it or else they were out of our budget. Boooo!

Pac - Congrats on the camper, that's one thing on our wish list....ahhh one day Enjoy your trip over this way, think we've put on some nice weather for you and March is a fun time in Adelaide with the fringe festival and a few other things on to do.

Can't believe Easter is only a few weeks away, getting excited about our 6 night adventure. Time gets away so quickly I better start getting myself organsied.

We just had our first weekend away (post baby) camped at Landsborough Pines. It was a practice run for our big trip - we are doing a 15 day tour of Central Queensland at Easter. It went pretty well - baby loved the tent, and watching the ducks and pea****s. A cane toad hopped out of the vestibule of our tent when we came back to it after a trip to the pub, and I nearly cracked it then! But, yeah, great practice trip, it was raining and we didn't divorce over it, so overall, great success!

Thanks Phoenix - I've been watching the weather all week, freaked at the rain you guys got yesterday!

Audax - LOL at you guys not divorcing over the camping trip! I hear you!!!! Glad you had a great time, have fun over Easter!

Lilima - I've seen those flyscreen tents, glad it was a good investment for you! Glad you had a good time!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast