Thread: Camping in Vic

Default Camping in Vic

Anyone know of any good places for DH, DD and I to go camping (tent)? Looking for about a week. Won't be able to go hiking because DD isn't walking yet and don't have a pack. Looking for either early March or mid april...

TIA

MG

We went to Buchan a few years ago, at Easter and it was great! Loved the caves although I am a teeeeeny bit claustrophobic! Or else we also went to Port Fairy, not a traditional place for camping I guess, but it was great there, gorgeous little town and beaches!

Enchanted Guest

What about The Grampians??

We went camping a little while ago at Cape Otway on the GOR... there are a few basic free campsites along that way. It had a composting loo at the site and was lovely and quiet.

Along the Murray River around the Corowa/Rutherglen area, fantastic area, fantastic time of the year (not that I am biased or anything! LOL) There are a number of camping reserves that would be fantastic.

kitchenqueen Guest

The best camping spot we constantly return to and are doing so this Easter is Wilson's Prom. What a great range of beaches, forests and rivers to explore, its really affordable and picturesque views!

i second wilsons prom!!! just dont go in peak timews, they use a ballot system for sites!