Thread: Girls trip to melbourne

Default Girls trip to melbourne

Hi there!

I am planning a girls weekend to melb early next year...the main aim of the trip is shopping, but what other girly things can we do? Where can we go etc?
    Also any reccomendations on places to stay (hotel or apartment) in the cbd, preferably with 2 or 3 bedrooms? Fussy i know!!

It is a surprise trip for one of the girls special birthdays!

Regarding accomodation, have a look on wotif or last minute searching on apartments in melb CBD. for a 3 bedroom you are looking at a minimum of about $220/night, but average would be higher, and these are the cheap rates.

I've stayed at the Grand Mercure apartments at Southbank, which was excellent. The location was really good for night life as there are plenty of restaurants, the boardwalk, etc etc, and it's really cosmopolitan and happening. Also not far to CBD. I know the company that has those apartments has others, their name is Accor so have a look.

Shopping - South Yarra, Bridge Rd in Richmond, and also the City particularly Collins St and the arcades.

For fun - lots of things to do, you can take various tours like the Chocolate tour, go to the Zoo (I loved it), walk in the parks, etc etc - depends on what you like. You can look at the visitvictoria website for more ideas.