Thread: QUICK - Honeymoon Ideas!!

Exclamation QUICK - Honeymoon Ideas!!

Hiya All!!

DF and I werent going to go away on a honeymoon after our wedding as we had no one to look after our house and our animals but now we have the opportunity to go away somewhere as DF's best man is coming over from NZ and he will house sit for us so we might be able to go somewhere!!

We would LOVE to go to the Maldives but looking through brouchers, that doesnt seem likely

So I am after some honeymoon ideas!! Our budget is between $5000-$6000 and we are looking for somewhere that has good diving, beautiful beaches.. somewhere that is just PARADISE!!!

TIA

Hi Tia,

We just got back from the Maldives on Monday and OMG it was absolutely magnificent!!!! Loved everything about it!!! If you're able to look at package deals and find a good price I'd definately recommend it.

We stayed at Taj Exotica which was a bit pricey, but we had work bonus' that we used towards it - and it was like heaven on earth. I felt like I was on an episode of Getaway.

You really can't go wrong with anywhere tropical at the moment though - perfect time of year.

Broome WA is also one of my favourite spots - look at Cable Beach Club or Bali Hai.

Good luck

Jules

BTW - just realised I called you Tia!!!!! ha ha ha ha - sorry Veronica!! ha ha ha ha

hahah!!

I would LOVE to go to the Maldives, that would be a dream come true! I've got a broucher that has packages (flights, transfers, accommodation) and we could afford it, just that we dont know exactly how much money we have to spend as we have a wishing well and it all depends on how much people put in!!

Its up to you, but could you PM me how much it cost you and how many days you went? We've got a travel agent looking in to it but she didnt call back today like she said she would!

How exciting V!!!

We went to the Cook Islands for our honeymoon and it was DIVINE. It was a bit more expensive than you are wanting to spend but that was seven years ago and I dont know what airfares etc are worth now.

We stayed on the main Island of Raratonga and also went out to a smaller Island called Aititaki which was the BEST ever!! Definitely google the Cook Islands and you will fall in love with it. It was about four hour flight on from New Zealand. Kind of sits between New Zealand and Honolulu - out towards Tahiti I think.

They filmed one of the Survivor series there. Think white sandy beaches, crystal clear blue water, beautiful sights, beautiful people, quiet, romantic, warm weather without being too hot - perfect.

Good luck
    Jem

Jem,

We are meant to be going to Raratonga next September for a friends wedding! I said to Jason we should make that as our honeymoon and he said NO WAY! hahaha which is fair enough..

AHHH we need more money!!

I was thinking of Fiji.. maybe I should look in to that..

One word for you - FIJI!!!

You'll love it!

What airlines fly to fiji?

Ahh!! I'm so blonde! I was looking fo fiji instead of Nadi

Willow - where did you stay in Fiji?
    Last edited by Ngala; November 16th, 2007 at 07:30 PM.

Jodie259 Guest

Koh Somui in Thailand.

I've been all over the world - and Koh Somui is like a slice of heaven. The most awesome blue clear beach. Massages every day (on the beach). Cheap food. Great shopping.

And cheap flights & accomodation.

Cook Islands - we went there for our honeymoon. Very relaxed, not overly touristy yet lots of tourist type stuff to do. And the people were fantastic, very friendly. Are you taking your daughter too? I noticed that the local people in Vanuatu and Cook Islands were really welcoming of children and families.

My sister and her DF are planning to go diving and surfing in Mexico for their honeymoon. Not sure what their budget is though. I used to live in Mexico, and would definitely recommend it as a hoilday destination.

At the lower end of the fiancial scale, the north of New Zealand has some beautiful and warm beaches.

Well I think we have decided on the Maldives!! We've found a great place that includes a snorkeling excursion, night fishing trip, beginner diving course and something else in the price! Plus you can have unlimited use of their sail boats and snorkels etc. The price is pretty reasonable too.

So its off to the travel agent tomorrow!

We did think about Bali and Fiji but January is the wet season in bali and its cyclone season in Fiji! LOL

We werent going to take Avaleigh with us but we are now, which I am stoked about! DF thinks she is too young to leave with my mum and is afraid she will cry and cry cause we arent there..

google "bigredholidays" - they've got some great deals

also check out your local flight centre - the one my niece is assistant manager at has some wicked OS trips at the moment.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I dont think that the Maldives is going to be possible anymore!! I just got a quote and all I can say is OUCH!!! I really didnt think it would cost that much, they are even charging an arm and a leg for a 6 months old!!

OK.. I just emailed the travel agent and they got the price for a child wrong, they quoted for a 6 yr old!
    Last edited by Ngala; November 19th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

Mauritius is absolutely beautiful. We stayed at the Sugar Beach Hotel - great service, beautiful hotel, awesome food. I want to go again now

We went to the Cook Islands too! Is absolutely beautiful, people are so friendly and it is such a relaxing place. We stayed on both Rarotonga and Aitutaki and we fell in love with a stunning place called Etu Moana on Aitutaki, just the most perfect place to honeymoon!
    Can't wait to head back there...

We went to Daydream Island and it was absolutely fantastic. They have a fantastic Honeymoon package. They also have a creche for Avaleigh for when you have your massage. We woke up every morning staring out onto the ocean. The swimming pools all have a few of ocean. It was absolutely amazing. We can't wait to go back. It was really well priced too. Even everyone on the island was well priced too. Highly recommend daydream island.

Chalalan Guest

Fiji is where all the honey mooners go and you dont get to feel special if you know what I mean...Also, when I went 7 years ago, the fiji dollar was pretty much spot on the aussie dollar so its not a cheap option.

Why not look at asia? thailand, indonesia, vietnam? Cheaper, closer to home, can get some good airfare / hotel packages?

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon, where-ever you end up going!