thread: CostCo Australia - Docklands Melbourne

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

I have a friend in California who swears by it over there. Wonder if they will open in Sydney?

Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)

I'm curious. Apparently you can wander around and check it out, but you have to join (or be with a member) to purchase anything.

Am very curious - we mostly buy our produce local or grow it, but if they really do have great deals on TVs etc then it could be worth it.

Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm

Docklands? Too far to drive!

If anybody does go, can you let us know of some of the prices please?

Opens tomorrow @ 9am

Jul 2007
    melb

Opens tomorrow!

I am planning on going on thursday!! A friend has a membership and I am going as her guest!

Didispunk says its awesome in Canada so hoping as good as there!! will soon find out!

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

Yep it opens tomorrow.
    You need to be a member to go in, or be a guest of a member.
    Im getting a membership

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

feeb & anyone else who goes - please post your review in this thread after you visit! thanks.

Jul 2007
    melb

will do!!

Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...

I am pretty sure there is one slated for Sydney. Not sure what stage it is at, maybe in construction... But I am pretty sure it is coming,

Dec 2007
    Melbourne

I am curious about it as well. Will look forward to a review.

Feb 2007
    In the jungle.

i used to shop at Costco when i lived in the states. They had everything from canned food to Tv's. I was certainly cheaper and shopping for 12 of us, we saved alot. Bulk wine was thing we spent up big on! If it is like the ones in the states, it will certainly save families bit of money.
    The only downside would be if you didn't want to buy in bulk. Some items you could buy singularly but most often it was big packets/boxes of things.

Look forward to hearing what people say about the Oz one.

Jan 2008

looking forward to reading reviews

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007
    Recently treechanged to Woodend, VIC

DP lived in the States for 10 years and reckons it's definitely a lot cheaper BUT you have to buy in bulk. If we had the storage space, I'd be there in a flash but we have no space to store anything.

Aug 2004
    Sth East Melbourne

I have the storage space and am waiting to find some free time in the next few weeks to get in there! oh and to hear what people think....

can you go in there and look around without a membership? I THINK you only need the membership is you are buying things- can anyone confirm that for me though???

Oct 2008

can you go in there and look around without a membership? I THINK you only need the membership is you are buying things- can anyone confirm that for me though???
    I hope you can... it's hard to tell from their website, though. It says that your card must be shown upon entrance but can they really expect people to fork out $60 for an annual membership without letting them see what they will have access to? I'm planning to go with a few friends on Sunday to check them out - will let you what I find out if no one else has by then.

Mar 2008
    In my own twisted little universe

If I could find some ppl to shop with I would definately be in on it! Buying in bulk and splitting between another family would be a great saving for us.....

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

I think you have to be a member or be with a member - a member can take up to 2 guests at a time but only the member can purchase things.

smiles4u Guest

Question

Fiona like your DP my DP also lived in the States ... when we passed the shop being renovated on the Docklands awhile ago he nearly passed out with excitement when he saw it. He too said it's worth buying in bulk if you have the room in your home

... Arrr, dumb question here How can one become a member ?? Is it done in person in the shop or can it be done online ?? (TIA) xox

Oct 2008

... Arrr, dumb question here How can one become a member ?? Is it done in person in the shop or can it be done online ?? (TIA) xox
    It can be done in the shop or online.