... 3456

thread: stimulas package ??

May 2005
    Canberra

Yes we want it to go towards buying an investment property - hurry up and stimulate us!!!

Jul 2004
    in a land of screaming kids.

we're not entittled to it. Dh earns over the threshold and I earned under last yr as I was on mat leave for part of the year so effectively didn't pay tax (got all the tax I did pay back). So we miss out. And cause the kids aren't at school yet, we miss out on that.... We miss out on it all. I don't think it's very fair. We get NO help from FTB's and no stimulus payments.

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

This is the only one i have got Kerrie, even though my kids are at school we didn't get that one either.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add sushee on Facebook

Sep 2004
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Me too. This is the only one I'll get. I didn't get anything for the kids this time or the time before (in Dec)

Having said that, Ruddy has resisted stimulating me thus far though. Don't you like me, Rudd? Lol!

And no I don't think it has to do with when you do your tax return. I did mine very very early and I still haven't received my stimulus payment.

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

Maybe Rudd just thinks you are too stimulating already Sush!!
    I did our tax early and have mine but I don't think there's any rhyme nor reason to the order.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add sushee on Facebook

Sep 2004
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Maybe Rudd just thinks you are too stimulating already Sush!!
    mrsmac!

I think I'll tell myself that everytime I check my bank account and see it's not there yet!

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Sydney

we're not entittled to it. Dh earns over the threshold and I earned under last yr as I was on mat leave for part of the year so effectively didn't pay tax (got all the tax I did pay back). So we miss out. And cause the kids aren't at school yet, we miss out on that.... We miss out on it all. I don't think it's very fair. We get NO help from FTB's and no stimulus payments.
    ....i agree with you...i dont think its fair for you guys either. I have friends that earn over $100k, have kids, defn not living a luxury life....yet i know they all feel a bit peeved theyve totally missed out on SP......so your not alone hon.....

Jul 2004
    in a land of screaming kids.

Thanks Mbear. Wrote to my local member of parliment and he rang me 1 hr later. He was a little sympathetic, but basically it's tough luck. But ur still better under us. Yeah right. Miss out on FTB B now AND these payments. Go figure.

Sep 2008

Smithy ; Your quiet hun. Have you been stimulated yet ?

Add Daffodil Mumma on Facebook

May 2008
    Rural NSW

Well I have no idea how they handing out the money......I checked our bank today and one lot is there but not the other....DH & I lodged our tax on the same day and we live in the same postcode and have the same surname.....hmmmm I cant figure that one out! But happy to have one land atleast

Apr 2007
    SE QLD

If anyone has been stimulated.... Was your partner stimulated at the same time?

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

DH and I had simultaneous stimulation!!

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

Helen... that is so odd! Makes me wonder what they're doing! I hope you get it soon.

Still no payment here for us. DH lodged his tax return straight away in the first few weeks of July, so I guess the time you lodge has nothing to do with it.

Hurry up payment!

barney Guest

NEWS FLASH
    WE GOT STIMULATED TODAY
    heres the funny thing out of the $900 we ended up getting $300 due to being over drawn with the bank WOOPS .
    but still it feels so good to be back to living from pay to pay and not being behind.
    thank you K RUDD with the left over money today i went and had my nails done and dh is getting a hair cut tomorrow lol...

i hope you all get your money very soon
    COME ON K RUDD PAY MY FRIENDS NOW

barney Guest

DH and I had simultaneous stimulation!!

how funny does that sound i imagine you and dh doing something dirty for some reason ..( oh im silly i know crazy actually )

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

We NEVER do ANYTHING like that Smithy LOL!!!!!!!!!
    I want my haircut too
    Glad you got stimulated finally! Erin just popped her head in and said when are you coming down cause she wants to see C.

Aug 2006

I got a phone call today saying that they'd actually sent mine (and THEN SOME - we're being backpaid FTB A&B, plus the Dec payments, plus our stimulus stuff ) but it bounced back. Apparently there was a digit missing off my bank account details, should get it by Tuesday

Katkins - I can sympathise somewhat, we never used to get anything either and we always felt ripped off. But our financial circumstances have changed so dramatically in the last few months that I can see we really didn't need it before iykwim, now we do.

Jul 2007
    Sydney

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who is getting the money first, my parents got theirs today, I only know of two other people who already have theirs, otherwise everyone else at work or friends don't have theirs yet either.

Like watching a kettle boil...except we know it will come one day.

... 3456