12311 ...

thread: Homebirth General Discussion #10

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

Homebirth General Discussion #10

Following on from here https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...ml#post3114992

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Me to be the first to post! Cool.

Just sending my beautiful em happy birthing vibes

Iooookopllkd

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Oh but not in the sense that something's happening now! Just soon.

Lol if I got anyone's hopes up

Iooookopllkd

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Babies Arrived

Jennifer13- Baby GIRL born at home 4th January

Bella29- Baby GIRL born at home 10th January

HotI - Baby BOY born at home 21st January

*Ash*- Baby BOY born at home 14th February

loulabelle - Baby BOY born at home 24th February

Cricket - Baby GIRL born at home 15th May

...Em - Baby BOY born at home 7th June

Babies On Their Way

chocorama - May

BellyBelly - August

phynna - August

Tanya - August

Ambersky - September

lady_neon - September

Cassius - November

mirriumu - November

pumpkinzulu - December

turtlejane - January

Sara - February

Ree*Ree - March

Aimz - March

Jun 2009
    vic

Thanks Tegam, yeah nothing happening here yet!

Jul 2008
    summer street

Congratulations to Cricket! I went to post in her Birth Announcement thread and can't find it? Or was it in a birth story forum....*off to investigate*

It must be time to start lighting candles for you Em!

Nov 2005
    Ontario, Canada

Thanks Arcadia! I didn't do a BA, just a birth story.

Thinking of you Em and Chocorama....

Mar 2007

Good luck Em, how exciting!!

Thanks Jennifer13, that all makes sense yes you do get very disturbed in hospitals during labour! I found with DD1's labour it wasn't too bad but for DD2's birth it was slightly longer too, I was very annoyed by the mw's always checking the heartbeat like they were paranoid!! And coming in and out of the room even though my birth plan said 'limit noise minimal interruptions please' etc.... they just don't get it.... i know they have policies etc to check on patients but yeah its really annoying and it did delay my labour progressing a few times I believe but nonetheless I have had great hospital births compared to many people! I can't complain but I would love a HB next time around

Will be stalking this thread a lot.....

Sep 2009
    Melbourne, VIC

today is 6 months since my homebirth - was just having a look at photos today with DH as he *finally* processed some! Had a bit of a cry that it's all over...also say down and wrote a letter to our MW to thank her for everything she did for me. She taught me to trust myself...I can't thank her enough for that gift, especially at the beginning of motherhood. I can't wait to do it all again

Thinking of you Em and Chocorama!

Jan 2009
    Mooroopna

Congrats to all the homebirth mummys

Not so quietly stalking for an announcement

Nov 2005
    Ontario, Canada

Quiet thread lately.... Calm before the "storm"?

Things are gong fairly well over here. Anna has been the easiest baby for us. She's so quiet and content, sleeps well, nurses well - it's wonderful! I've had a few other issues going on that have added a bit of a challenge - the post-partum hemerrhoids decided to made an appearance and they are PAINFUL! But I've got some good medication from the midwives for them, which has helped in the past, so hopefully that will soon be resolved.
    Fifth Disease (parvovirus, or slap cheek) has been going around, and I think I got it from my kids. It's no concern for me or Anna, but one of the symptoms in adults is arthritis-like pain in your joints. Right now, my wrists, fingers, hips, and ankles are pretty painful! It's hard to open and close bottles, pick up my kids and baby, open the clasp on my nursing bra, etc. It's supposed to last 3-4 days, so I hope it will end soon!

Anyways, hope things are well with everyone else!

Eutra - what a lovely idea for your midwife. I'll bet that letter will make her day.

Jan 2012
    WA

I just got the paperwork in the mail with the appointment at my back up hospital (not my hospy of choice, but I'm stuck with the new 30min rule).. There was a consent form enclosed.. Bahahahah... Please bring the completed form to your appointment.
    So Umm they want me to sign a form that says 'my condition and prognosis have been explained/the risks have been explained/outcomes cannot be guaranteed ect ect' now? I think NOT!

Jun 2009
    vic

Still nothing happening here!
    They turn our water off on Monday so what's the bet I go into labour then!

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

yeah, i had a notice saying my elec was going to be out for a day and thought i would go into labour then - had the candles just in case.

maybe store some water, and borrow an urn?

Jun 2005
    USA

When my mum had my little sister at home the power was cut off our street at 9am. She was born at 7.30am so we boiled water for sterilising the MWs things, mum had a shower and then we basked in newborn baby all day long with a quiet road outside as it was cut off to traffic. It was awesome! Maybe the water will be cut off just after you need it em and things will be nice and calm

Mar 2009
    Sunshine Coast

Hi all!

Congrats cricket! How exciting waiting for all of the new babies!!!

Well we are still getting settled into the new house. It is taking time with a toddler and a baby, but I will get there. Time is flying! It is nearly 2 months since we arrived. I still have a few boxes to get thru, but hopefully it won't take me much longer. I am having a house keeper come and help me next week cos hubby is head down bum up for his last exams in 3 and 6 months time, so I feel like a single mother with a border to care for, lol! Anyway, I have missed u girls and just wanted to say I am still here, but I am super busy

Xx Bella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I'm probably feeding my cherub

Sep 2009
    Melbourne, VIC

will be thinking of you on Monday Em! Hope your bub waits for the water to come back on before making an entrance!

glad you're settling in Bella!

Cricket - Anna sounds like a delight! Hope your joints are feeling a bit better!

AFM - finally have some birth photos uploaded and have put an album up on my profile - it's set to private so if you'd like to see it let me know and I'll add you I love them SO much - I had thought DH would have so much more opportunity to take photos (especially given that he's a photography student!) but he was too busy supporting me to take many. Next time I'll definitely be hiring a photographer or at the very least a doula who is good at taking photos.

Nov 2005
    Ontario, Canada

Feeling pretty much all better again. When I'm tired, the joint pain seems to return, but for the most part, everything is fine. Saw the midwife yesterday, and Anna was full of smiles for her. None for us at home yet, but for some reason, she just couldn't stop smiling at the office. Super cute. She was 8lb 5oz yesterday, up from 7lb 12oz at birth, so she's doing wonderfully.

Getting plans together for her baptism now. Arranging coffee, cake, and dinner for possibly 100+ people. Hope it all goes smoothly!

How is everyone else out there? The whole forum seems quiet lately....

12311 ...