Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Seduced to Induce: What Women Should Know About Their OBs

Default Re: Being Seduced to Induce: What Women Should Know About Their OBs

Alisonaquarium, all the best. It's a tough gig having a 41-42 week pregnancy.

My second DS was born at 42 weeks, naturally, weighing 3.2kg. My DS1 was a 41+2 weeker and weighed almost exactly the same. My point is, everyone will have a different set of stats and factors and no two births are the same. If I very have a third child, I expect I'll carry beyond 41 weeks and won't be scared of going "over."

If you and your baby are well, take comfort that you are normal and gestating over 41 weeks is normal. There are lots of online supports for "10 month pregnancies" - if you need any positive stories, have a look around. And good luck with baby.

I hope you have gone into labour since posting and this is all a moot point.
    I think it is a decision that is very personal to you and your specific set of circumstances. I personally would probably have been comfortable to go until maybe 41 weeks if everything was looking fine but that is me and my own risk management approach and my limit. With DD1 I was induced at 40+4 and that was because everything wasn't looking fine so it was time set a new 'limit' based on the information at hand.
    Good luck with your decision.

i have had babies born at 41 weeks, 41 weeks and 41 weeks + 3 days. first was induced (unnecessarily i believe) and ended in 'assisted delivery' with both baby and i having physical trauma.

Next two came in their own time, much bigger babies (5kg and 4.5kg) and no trauma to any of us. lots of vernix too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12