Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 years, 7 days... and we are done

Default 2 years, 7 days... and we are done

And part of me is proud. Part of me is relieved. Part of me is totally gutted.

The past week and a bit, she's only been feeding really quick, less than a minute each side, and only once or twice a day. We've been away, so I thought maybe it was just the excitement, but it's dwindled since we got back.

Instead of feeding her, she's wanted cuddles in the rocking chair. It's like she transitioned herself really.

Today was one feed, less than 30 seconds each side. She pulled off and just looked up at me, and I knew. We sat in the rocking chair, just hugging and rocking and looking at each other, and her eyes closed, and she fell asleep within minutes.

I'm so proud of us. I'm proud that this is her decision and that it wasn't traumatic for her. I'm relieved that it was her, and that it has happened. I'm also gutted and a little heartbroken that she no longer needs me to breastfeed her. But so so so proud that she is comfortable enough to make this such an easy transition.

I need some hugs though. This is tough for me. I knew it was coming. And still think she'll probably have a feed tomorrow and the next day, but it won't be a 'feed' really. Just a snuggle I'm sure, and we'll end up in the rocking chair.

*sigh* Hard to believe the emotions. It's like finishing a book and being really satisfied in the ending but disappointed that it had to end. Sort of like when I read Harry Potter

well done Leasha - you've achieved so much, and I am in deep admiration for you to not only feed your baby but to keep going until she is ready to move on herself.

Congrats Hun on giving your little lady such a great start to life. If that is to be one of your last feeds, what a beautiful special moment.

awwwww darl

That is a beautifully written post Leash, about a beautiful memory.

A huge congratulations and the warmest of hugs to you. I know that bittersweet feeling too. But it really is wonderful to end with a whimper rather than a bang. More hugs.

Well done hun!

You've both done a bloody amazing job!

Congratulations!
    x

You've done an amazing job, you are an amazing mother, Jazz is blessed to have a mother who has let her set her own pace with feeding.

well done you have done a brilliant job

I know just how you feel - I'm there right now

and

What a wonderful thing you have done for your daughter by following her lead all the way congragulations on doing so wonderfuly well

Default 2 years, 7 days... and we are done

Quote Originally Posted by ~Leasha~ View Post
    * Hard to believe the emotions. It's like finishing a book and being really satisfied in the ending but disappointed that it had to end. Sort of like when I read Harry Potter
    I know exactly what you mean here Leash. Well done on your fantastic job. I felt the exact same when DD weaned herself.

Well done. What an achievement! And an inspiration. xo

That's beautiful, bought a tear to my eye Well done.

Congratulations on giving your little girl a great start in life and thank you for sharing. xxx

Yay for you both!

It is really bittersweet isn't it. You have both done such an amazing job and congratulations on reaching the end! xox

Well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast