Thread: Dropping a BF

Default Dropping a BF

What age do bubs normally drop a feed. My 7 1/2 month old dd has 4 BF a day & 2 solids (rice cereal for breaky & vegies for dinner). Lately she hasn't been very interested in her BF after waking up from her morning sleep, generally about 11.00am. Should i just offer her the feed a bit later instead of giving it to her after waking or should i be introducing another solid at lunch time. She drinks water out of a sippy cup throughout the day as well. She is teething at the moment also, i just thought it is a bit soon to be dropping a BF if that is what it is or if it's just because she's teething. What have others done??
    Any comments and suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks

Hi Jo jo, it is really up to you and Mia. At 7 months, I think DD was still having 4-5 on average also. For my next one, I will continue to offer frequently I think... We wound down to three feeds fairly early on (which I thought was just what Natty wanted) but then she started refusing the boob at 10 months... Sometimes I think if I offered more often she might have stuck it out for longer... But of course there's no way of knowing.
    In any case, what you're doing sounds great to me, but of course it is completely up to you guys and what you're comfortable with. Could be that the new teeth are affecting her. GL with it all.

I agree with Snacks hun, it really is up to you when you decide to cut the feed. Izzy is 8 mths and still has around 7-8 on average! Someof those are really quick but it works at the moment. I know they are all different but Izzy has 3 solid feeds a day with a snack like yoghurt or a rusk in the afternoon plus all those feeds, so I think it really is a case of doing what you think works best.
    If she isnt interested I would be offering her the feed a bit later on and maybe thinking about introducing another solid feed.
    Good luck with it!!

I agree with the advice you've been given. It could just be temporary due to the teeth too. I am sure it will all fall into place for you. GL.

Thanks for the replies we'll see how we go...

It's hard to know when they can't tell you isn't it. Oskar went the other day with 7 hours between!! He NEVER does that!! He usually has around 6 BF a day and 3 solids plus snacks. I just offer when I normally would or if he's a bit whingy and nothing else seems to be what he wants.