Thread: She seems hungrier than what she can get down (BLS question)

Default She seems hungrier than what she can get down (BLS question)

We have been doing BLS and so far its going great.

But the last week she just seems hungrier than what she is able to feed herself. All day she is cracking up, I am giving her food up to 4 times a day, its only fruit/vegies/toast fingers/milk arrowroots. She consumes a fair bit of it in each sitting but if she see's food or us eating then once again she is cracking up.

She doesn't want any more bf's, I've tried that, she tell me off with a bit of a chomp and squawk.

I really don't want to go down the path of purees just to fill her up

Any suggestions?

Oh, she is 7 months next week and a big girl for her age, on 97th percentile.

aww, she's very cute
    Maybe try different sorts of foods? rissoles are a big fave here - DH used to blend the mince up a bit so it was finer and DS could eat it easier and you can put lots of veg in too of course.
    Could also just be a 'thing' she's doing this week Guess you just have to go with what feels right. She is still pretty young

I haven't experienced BLS so I'm not going to advise you on that specifically, but you might like to try her on more protein? Protein fills up the belly more than the carbs. Perhaps try her on some chicken, or cheese? The protein you choose is up to you, but I know from a diet I was one once that protein was good for filling the belly (obviously you're not putting her on a diet though )

As marcellus said, it could be that she's hungry, but then, it could be something else. If she's refusing a bf, she's not that hungry. She could just like the exploration and stimulation she's getting from handling her food and feeding herself. She won't be getting much nutritionally from her food, but the experience is obviously something she's enjoying! And if you're eating, she probably just wants to join in. No harm in giving her a little bit of what you're having to keep her happy.

Sounds like you're doing just fine with BLS and there's no issue with offering her something to chew on if she wants it. I wouldn't bother with purees, at her age you don't want to replace her bfs or you might affect the nutrients she's getting. Her weight won't have much to do with whether she needs more solids or not, it sounds like she just wants to set the food agenda. Good for her!

Thanks, I think I just needed to hear that she is doing fine. She still has 6 to 8 good bf's a day so the amount she is eating isnt affecting that. She loooovveeeesss to eat, she even does this happy little wobbly bob up and down dance while she is eating and has 2 handfuls of food trying to work out what to stuff in her mouth next. Its different seeing them feed themselves, over getting spoon fed puree's. She had some jar gel the other day and loved that but had a hard time with it cause she kept trying to chew it and got cranky when it kept falling out of her mouth.