Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what I love about breastfeeding

Default what I love about breastfeeding

I think the way that Imran's little ears waggle while he's feeding is absolutely adorable.
    Its lovely that someone thinks I have the nicest (.)(.) in the world.
    I really enjoy that feeling of closeness when we cuddle up together for a feed.
    When Imran's really hungry or upset he makes little grunts and moans of pleasure at the start of his feed - they're sooo cute.
    I love knowing that I'm giving my baby the best possible food and saving money by doing so.
    I don't have to go and get a bottle at 3am.

What do you love/enjoy about breastfeeding?

oh i love pretty much everything but especially the little laugh oscar gives as i start to undo my bra, and the mmmmmmmm sound when he is really thirsty. also his little possum eyes looking adoringly up at me.

hmmmm it just makes me go all gooey.

Ok I love the closeness, the sweetest cuddles that I get that can be shared with no one else.
    I love the way Tehya sort of clicks her tongue when she wants a feed or says booby
    I love that when feeding Noah he would say "Yum" when he wanted booby. Atleast someone thought they were yummy.
    I love the money I am able to save from not buying formula and can spend it on my babies instead.
    I love that I am giving them the best nourishment humaly possible.
    I love that I can stop an ocean of tears with a few suckles.
    I love that look my babies give me when I am feeding them. Almost saying thank you to me, it's a look of pure love.
    I also love not having to get up in the cold middle of the night to make a bottle, or to have a baby sceaming for a feed while it's bottle warms up, my boobies are always warm

As you can see, I love lots of things about breastfeeding.
    I will however pass on the foot thumpers and the saggy boobs

The little excited, almost hyperventilating, noise she makes when she knows booby is coming ans she really wants it.
    Not having to get up the moment she wakes, the lovely little feeds she does as we are waking up.
    The funny way she dives onto the nipple when we are lying in bed.
    The little happy "num, num" sounds she makes with some feeds.

just seeing how comforting and that satisfied look on his face when he first latches on!
    teh little mmm noises he makes as he first starts as if he is saying yum yum yum!!
    when he spauses for a moment to look at me and smile as if to say "Thanks mum this is great"!!

~*~Vicki~*~ Guest

I love the boobie dance when I say yes she can have a feed

Fire Fly Guest

I love the little chuckle that comes before he latches on and then the little groans while feeding.
    I love his little cheeks filling up with milk then going done when swallowed.
    I love that he wants to hold my finger when feeding, DD was the same.
    I love it when he looks up to make sure im watching.
    I love it when he gets off, gives me a HUGE smile, has a cheeky laugh then gets back on. Lol.
    I love when he is finished, he gets off and milk runs down his cheek and a huge sigh of satifaction (s) comes from within him.

I love this post, makes me smile and greatfull that i breastfeed my kids. Thanks

What a wonderful thread Dachlostar

I LOVE everything about breastfeeding....it's such a special time we are given with our babies that nobody else can ever experience. In my opinion there is no closer bond - the cuddles, the little looks of love, the smiles, the excitement, the way they know that this is something they can only share with mum.
    Breastfeeding is one of the best parts of being a mother - and i'm so proud to be providing my precious babe with the best nutrients and affection that comes along with it

OOOH.

I love Breastfeeding for the morning warm body to body closeness & cuddles & her eyes lighting up as she see's nipple approaching!
    I love the fact noone else can do it for Indah just me MUMMY!!!
    I love the way she falls asleep at the breast & a trickle of booby juice runs down her cheek & she is grinning in her sleep..
    I love that I get out of housework because "I'm feeding" so Dh does it!! hee hee
    I love that my body can produce everything she needed so early in her life & continues to give her the best today...almost a year later..
    I love the fact that she will give me a loving bite & when I look at her & say "Ouch" she grins as if to tell me off for not looking into her eyes as she's feeding!!!
    I love when we have a bath together & she pinches my booby & giggles & then has a 2 second feed like she's saying "I love this thing!"

I wont miss her icy cold hands when she wants a feed & has been chasing Maddy around on the cold kitchen tiles & she snuggles in with her icy hands on my chest!!!

I CANNOT wait to be doing this again............I have been having very in-depth conversations with Olivia re breastfeeding (as you do, with a 2.5 year old) and she related it all to a lady in the park today who was BF her son......

"My Mummy will feed my new baby sister with her boobies"
    "My baby sister has a big drink from Mummies boobies from the inside now (??!), but when she comes out, she will cry and have big drinks from Mummies nipples on the outside"
    "Not your boobies, only Mummies boobies. Mummies boobies are special"

Aww Lucy, Olivia sounds so sweet

I love EVERYTHING about breastfeeding. I always thought I would do it to give my baby the best possible start in life. Now I know I'll keep on doing it because of the incredible bond it gives us.

I think its the eyes that get me - Flynn's little adoring eyes. Sometimes they roll back in his head with pleasure, othertimes they are laughing and sparkly.

Its so beautiful hearing all of these lovely breastfeeding stories. Im loving it more and more as Sammy gets older. He asks me with gestures now for boobie and it is the sweetest thing...he tilts his head onto my chest and then when I ask him if thats what he wants he nods his head excitedly and makes his happy noises...its a beautiful thing.

Jo

Awww i just love reading this thread! I love that conversation you and your daughter had Lucy! And Trace i totally agree with the fact that nobody else can give it to our babies - just the mummy...gee it's a special special thing. I'm so blessed to be able to continue feeding past 12 months and whilst preg - even if it is only one feed a day now. It's my favourite time of the day!

Rae, now that Lexie is actually here, it is even funnier. The MINUTE Lexie wakes, Olivia says to me "Mummy, Lexie needs booby."

Lexie is a champion feeder, thank goodness. And Olivia sits next to us on the couch as I feed. I have to sit in the middle so that Olivia can change sides when Lexie does! LOL!

When Lexie makes those little sounds (like they do, as newborns, snuffling on the boob) Olivia says "Ahhh, Mummy, Lexie is singing!" LOL!

Snap attached of Olivia trying to boob feed Lexie..........

http://www.babiesonline.com/imagegal...mulvanyfamily3
    Last edited by Lucy; October 19th, 2006 at 12:16 AM.

Awwww Lucy... thats just priceless! At least her facination is with Lexie feeding and not herself! I remember the only time Paris has ever had any strange envy issues was with Seth feeding, but I think it was curiosity more than anything. I remember expressing into a cup and offering it to her (a gf recommended it to ease the curiosity) sure enough she wouldn't taste it and thought that was "gross" and the curiosity or envy (whatever it was) ended there. And even now 7 mths later she still feeds her stuff toys and babies I love the fact that she's growing up thinking that breastfeeding is just normal!

Right now the one thing I don't love about breastfeeding is TEETH! But I'm sure once my right nipple has fully recovered I'll be back to enjoying it again

*hugs*
    Cailin

Lucy, that picture is just gorgeous. How very sweet. Tehya gives her bubby's booby too. Noah had a brief fasination too with me feeding and has even asked for boob a few times, I offered it to him and he went all coy and there was no way he washaving any. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast