Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what I love about breastfeeding

I love it when I'm preparing to feed her, and she looks at my breast and smiles
    I love all the little noises she makes as she's feeding
    I love how she has to hold on to something when she's feeding
    I love that I can make my daughter grow and put on weight with my breastmilk

It's such a special bond a mother and child have during breastfeeding. I'm glad I stuck with it.

I love the way she snuggles in as she feeds.
    I love the way she sometimes passes out after a particularly satisfying feed.
    I love the way, when holding her sitting in my lap, she'll glance down at my chest, then up at me with this huge grin on her face.
    I love the money we're saving by feeding her almost exclusively breastmilk.
    I love the early morning feeds, when we're cuddled up in bed.
    I love... well, pretty much everything about breastfeeding.

Though, I could probably do without the pinching and slapping at my chest. Not sure what that's about!

I love the closeness of the cuddle.
    I love taking her from other people because she needs a feed - I can always get my special cuddles!
    I love the desperate fast suck until the let down then the relaxed little face.
    I love the happiness on her face when she's sated.
    I love that DS knew all about bf before DD came along, and he understands Mummy's got to sit still for a little while.
    I love the semi asleep, holding the nipple with the tongue smile.
    Oh, I also love the fact that apart from one half a cell kindly and lovingly donated by DH, my daughter is 100% grown and fed by me.

I love breastfeeding and I love my little ones

I'm still getting the hang of it but hubby and I find it hilarious- and utterly endearing- when our little girl mouths for the breast just before I pop her on. She gets very manic and hyper and bobs her head around like a mad thing while making cute (and slightly crazy) huffing sounds.

I have loved watching both my kids grow and thinking "hey, I did that!"
    I love when DD is after a feed she starts shoving her hand down my shirt and kissing my boobs.
    I love how a feed is a quick fix for anything.
    I love how breastfeeding gives me that special alone time and closeness with my babies .

I love that even though my Doc told me to FF I have managed to BF my precious little man AND he has put on the weight he was supposed to!
    I love getting up in the night and having those special times for "just us" when the world is quiet and we are having a special feeding snuggle.
    I love that noone else can feed him like I can.
    I LOVE that I don't have to heat up bottles, muck about with formula or get out of bed on a cool evening to feed my little bloke.
    I love the look in his eyes when he's hungry and he hears the "click" of the Maternity Bra being undone.
    I love that he sometimes like to "stand up" on my lap to "shake the milk down" before he has a go at the other side.
    I love that I am getting more and more confident about being able to feed him and being able to feed him in the company of others.
    I am also quite proud that I have overcome badly cracked and bleeding nipples, vasospasm, a sleepy not drinking baby, thrush and supply issues. It has been a fight worth having 'cause if you can overcome that you can BF!

I love when she gets overly excited in anticipation for boobies.
    I love the closeness, the cuddles.
    I love the chance to inspect each cms of her face closely.
    I love Being able to smell her head whilst shes feeding & she won't wriggle away too much.
    I love the drunken smile at the end, even when she's fallen asleep, just a Lil smile to say 'thanks mum'.
    I love how I know this is one of the best thing I can do for her.

*sigh*

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk.(Occasional fat fingers syndrome might occur)

I love the way he pats and strokes my breast while he drinks
    I love his cheeky little smile around my nipple in his mouth
    I love his chub rolls and the knowledge that he is thriving on my milk
    I love the way he drops into a contented little snooze after a feed

the way her eyelids flutter as she dozes off on the boob

Sometimes wondering just how he manages to get milk dribbled from ear to ear and all down his chin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12