**Alert** food safety for kids

Astrid, may I ask if you have the same objections to eating kosher meat or sharing a meal with a Christian family who say grace or a wiccan who does cooking rituals?
My main objection is to meat that I would be purchasing for myself and family either at a supermarket, butcher or restaurant. I am respectful of the beliefs of those that I visit. If I know that I am in a Christian household I will always wait for them to say grace, if I was in a Jewish home I would understand that the meal I would be served would be kosher etc. I just wish to have knowledge when I am purchasing food, as stated in a previous post that I understand that if I am to eat Turkish on Sydney Rd that the meat will be halal. I do my best to buy free range eggs, but there are times where it is not possible or out of my control (eating out), just because I eat one cage egg does not mean that I do not have the right to purchase free range eggs in the future. I prefer not to eat halal, but I do realise that sometime I will have no choice. I respect there is a need for halal and kosher foods etc, I believe that the respect should also go in the other direction, respecting others choice to not eat it.

It is only in the past year that I have made the effort to actually find out about halal, before I was quite ignorant about it meant. I believe there should be choice in food and correct labeling in food. I always thought that halal meat was always labeled, I have since found that not to be true and I am surprised that labeling laws allow this.