Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Alert** food safety for kids

Default **Alert** food safety for kids

Its back to school time and DH just did the food shopping and bought some Aldi Diptime (those cheese and cracker packs).

I did an additive scan and they contain the antioxidant 319 which is called
    tert-Butylhydroquinone which is
    Linked to cancer, birth defects, can cause nausea, vomitting, delerium, collapse, dermatitis. Dose of 5g is fatal
    Please don't buy these for your kids

omg i dont beleive it, is there no safe food out there for anybody???
    and noone even knows im sure if we did that on every pack we would be devestated!

This is rude and wrong, how can they allow food like that on shelves? isnt there a policy or something on food items?

OMG Thats' despicable... How can these be sold in shops here???

Why arent Scientists, Doctors or somebody putting warnings on these & letting us all know!!!

Thank-You Natalie!!!!

Natalie are they the ones you get the cream cheese in and the biccies and you dip them???

Thanks for the heads up Nat.

It's just criminal that they can sell that stuff, isn't it?!

mooshie Guest

holy ****

i brought some for my dd a few weeks ago and she ate them, however i tried one and they tasted disgusting so i haven't brought anymore, gosh i am off to check the kraft snackabouts now.

Guys

Please google Additive Alert!!

There is a book (and website) called Additive Alert written by Julie Eady and it is fantastic, albeit rather frightening reading. It talks all about the additives that are put into food, their possible and proven effects and more scarily, the fact that a great deal of additives that are allowed in foods here in Australia and New Zealand are actually banned in other countries!!

I thoroughly recommend it and my kids' diet is largely additive free.

Trust me - you can have healthy food that is additive free!!

Also, Sue Dengate's book "Fed Up" is fantastic!

Hope this helps

yes, thats them Amy. I haven't got time now and want to check with admin first, but there are a few more, especially from there

Kelli, thats where I get all my info from

Oh, gosh I'm scared now to look at that book Kelli....

I try to make most feeds myself, but I am certain they have bad stuff, well thats' it I;m packing up moving home to bali where chicken eggs are chicken eggs, banana's arent pumped full of stuff & then painted, where the animals arent injected to grow fatter quicker.... GRRR the Modern world, it's killing us!

I have the additive alert book - bought it when we were TTC and largely stuck to an additive free diet through my pregnancy and now try to keep myself and DS on it as well. I typed up the list of additives to avoid (making the ones they recommend you avoid during b/f of for babies and kids in bold) and I have one hanging in the kitchen and keep one in my wallet for reference when shopping. It is daunting at first but you quickly get the hang of what products are allowed and which have yucky stuff in them. I felt fantastic during my pregnancy and I contribute a LOT of that to the fact that I was eating much healthier food.

Thanks a heap for that Nat. I called mum and told her too, she'd only just bought a couple of packs.

How can they be aloud to sell this food at all, much less just in Australia.

Aldi scotch Finger biscuits and fish fingers are out too, I'm afraid.

Heidi, I have a card in my wallet with all the bad numbers on it, too, and look at it when I'm shopping. It takes me twice as long as it did a year ago, but its worth it. We don't eat out as much now either.

Nat is it 319 in Fish fingers ??

What one was in the scotch fingers again, Oh wise one

LMAO

The scotch fingers (aldi) have

Serious concerns about carcinogenic and estrogenic effects, asthmatics and aspirin sensitive people should avoid, causes metabolic changes and accumulates in body fat. Banned in Japan in 1958 -Not permitted in foods for infants and young children.
    and from memory 319
    Linked to cancer, birth defects, can cause nausea, vomitting, delerium, collapse, dermatitis. Dose of 5g is fatal - avoid it

Port View (Aldi) fish fingers have

160b which can cause
    Hypersensitivity, allergic reactions, skin irritations, linked to behaviour and learning problems. Concerns about toxicity still being evaluated by JECFA yet is still freely used
    Thought to release aluminium during digestion - concerns about skeletal abnormalities, dementia, Parkinsons type illness

Holy cow, maybe it will be easier to post what is sfae for us & our kids!???

ooooohhh Thanks Nat....I'm going to have a look about in my pantry now....I dont want to eat any of that [email protected]!!!! I'm confident that DS is not getting additives thank goodness. YUK!!

Wow that's really scary. Thanks Natalie!

You're welcome

Kraft Peanut Butter also has 320

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast