Thread: He's so well behaved

Default He's so well behaved

Of course my son is well behaved, I am a good mother. Don't look surprised as you say it. Yes, he can go through an entire Church service without screaming, would he be there if he didn't?

Sorry, just sick of people being surprised I look after my son well, that he is happy and well-turned-out. Even that I talk to him and kiss him.

Then comes the "you look like you're doing well for someone so young, do your parents help?"

No, they don't. I'm doing chuffing brilliant for someone of any age, why are you surprised because I'm younger? At least the lack of sleep last night doesn't show up on my face!

I've had 3 comments this week. Heaven help the teenagers!

I know what you mean. *hugs* I don't really get them now but when i had Lily when i was 18 boy did i cop it. Mostly just the looks but the comments were sometimes aweful. Like, 'i suppose she was an accident then?' Well maybe so but she is very much loved all the same! Or even, 'i bet it's tough being a single mother' This one just left me gobsmacked! for one, her dad was still with me(just at work) and now we're happily married thankyou very much! but also to make a comment like that, to a total stranger? Some people need a reality check i think!

I often brush my hand across my face to show off my wedding ring because i'm so self conscious at times that others think those sort of things, and i know sometimes they are.
    I've got the most beautiful wedding ring to make up for not getting an engagement ring but i bought myself a man made ring that's definately passable as a wicked looking engagement ring that i don't wear too often as it gets caught on things but now that i'm getting more obviously pregnant and with the two kids hanging off me i've been wearing it to be more eye catching that i have rings on that finger. It feels horrible that i have to justify anything because even if i were single people have no right to judge but at the same time being all preggo and hormonal it really upsets me when i get those looks. Whats wrong with the world!

at least you guys are married!! Dp and i have been together 5 years, and at this point i haev no plans to marry him! i'm saving for our own hose first!! then we'll talk marriage lol. Once i even bought a ring that could pass as a simple wedding band... but i threw it away. I love DP, yes im younger, but im not gonna justify anything to anyone else!!!

dont they just drive you bonkers??

Annika is very loud, opinionated and iggley and fun, always on the go! and people look at her strangely sometimes! lol. but shes my beautiful little girl, and i dont think i could've coped with her if i was in my 30's or even older... hard enough now!!

katnap, we've only been married a year, so it looked worse back then when i was preg with DS and had DD.

I agree that i don't think i would have coped being older either. i love being a young mum. Someone once told me, better to be young than to be older and not bei ng able to run around after them(only nice comment i really got form a stranger)