Thread: Planning Another...

Default Planning Another...

DH and i have reconciled (well, started dating again) and are planning to move to melbourne within the year. We have 2 children (one is from a previous rship, but his dad as no contact, so DH acts like his dad ) and just bought a dog, but after we get settled in Melbourne, i want to start TTC #3. Ive always wanted 3 children, but now my parents are telling me that they regret having more than 2 children, and they had 6!! I feel it is my decision, but i dont know... i guess i just feel stupid in some strange way. I shouldnt!! DH says that they should cut the apron strings. They even told me i was an idiot for getting a dog, that i have enough trouble coping with 2 children, i shouldn't have gotten Mushu. (When i told mum i was pg with #2, she sighed, told me that i shouldnt be stupid, and offered to take me into the city for an abortion!! And he was planned!!!) I dont know what to feel!! Please help me make some sense...

I think that you should have as many children as you feel comfortable with. You mother has had her chance to live her life and while there is no harm in sharing the things that she has learnt with you she should understand that you have to make your own choices. She has no business calling you stupid, even if she doesn't agree with your choices her role as a mother should be to support you not make you feel bad about yourself.
    I'm glad to hear that you are working things out with your partner. Will he be getting counselling for his anger management issues? Are you going to be getting couples counselling?

He is getting anger management counselling, and is seeing a psych (as am i) Things are alot better he is accepting that PND isnt "In my head" (well it is, but you know what i mean!!) He is sick of the navy, as they haven't been suportive at all, an we are looking o move to melbourne, as he has lots of family over there (round broadmeadows, tullamarine, keilor park) but i want to move south of mel!!! We just need to get him a job somewhere, the navy will fully relocate us if we want!! Thnks for your support ladies, we still have a long way to go, but the journey has begun...

Its just something we are thinking about in about 1-2 years. We certainly arent planning it before then!!! I havent moved back in yet, have stayed over a couple of times, things are going really well. He has changed so much, and i feel so muh more in love with him then i ever have before. We are both putting alot more effort in, going on dates, picnics and walks. Things are going a lot better, butr we still have a long way to go...

Oh shannon, things are like, perfect around here lately. Ryans working really hard to get things back on track. But atm, he's so clucky!!!!! Friends of ours have just had a baby, and they come round alot, and he's always cuddling as kissing Ambrielle. He's just so cute... i must admit its making me clucky too...
    We had a chat about how many we want, as i always said i only wanted one, maybe two, but now i have my 2, i think i want lots more, it just the financial aspect im worried about!! (Ryans heavily in debt...) and we are hoping to get a posting to melb (or when ry gets out move to melb for good) I love kids, and im from a family of 8

(psst... the children and baby expo didnt help simones cluckyness one bit!)

Not that I can talk.. it didnt help mine either... *keeps emailing DP about how much she wants to start NOW rather than later*

OMg and DP did mentioned something about 2 years.. rather than 4 or 5.. *runs off to change signiture to 2007 rather than 08 or 09).. haha... omg im so stupid.. lol Although... Simone.. I noticed a change in ur signiture dates too... hehehe

RUSERIOUS Guest

Default Dont listen to your mother

Do what is right for you and YOUR family.

I prepared everyone by telling them we were TTC because we wanted another. That way when we fell it wasn't a huge shock.
    We had the pressures also of intervening family and felt that as much prepartion as possible would take the pressure off us to comply with what they wanted.