Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007 #2

Meg, my waters broke at home in the middle of the night, I was so sleepy I thought I had wet myself. Is this baby your first? Do you have any names in mind? What hospital are you planning on having her at? Sorry so many questions!!

I love baby shopping too, I really have to focus to control myself! I could spend a bomb on baby clothes.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hayley, yeah its my first! SO exciting!! We are almost certain we will call her Isabell, either that or Isabella, not sure which one we want atm. We are booked in at King Edward, had a look at Joondalup and Osborne Park etc but we both thought King Edward would be the best bet, especially coz most people we have spoken to have had their bubs there and had no complaints. Ive been for one appt there already and i absolutely loved the midwifes!! Looking forward to my next appt which is on monday! Where did u have your bub at??

I haven't really bought anything for this baby. We gave all our boys clothes to B&SIL, they had a boy about 4 months ago and since they're done with the clothes (and they were given even more by other people) they're gonna give them all back again hehe
    I might just buy one or two little outfits that he can wear and look cute in at the hospital in particular when all the visitors come rushing in

I've never had my water spontaneously break would be exciting.. hopefully this time around with the VBAC!

Hi All,

I stumbled across Belly Belly yesterday. Im 23 and expecting my first in Aug. Im so excitied.
    Its so great to actually find some people in my age group. We dont know many people who have had kids recently, and all are much older than me.

Sal

mummycate Guest

Hiya Sal! Ok so I don't confuse you, you're Sal, and Brendan's Mum is Sally. Welcome!!! How exciting and congratulations!

Hello & welcome Sal, congratulations on your pregnancy wishing you a H & H time

Hello Sal (hmmm feels like a post to me :P )

welcome to BB!! Congrats on your pregnancy I hope you have a long, happy and healthy one!!

Meg, My DS was born at king eddies and they are fantastic! I only ever had a problem with 1 nurse, but she worked in the NICU, so you probably won't meet her! The ward ladies are lovely! Most of them very easy going too, which is great

Take Care

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I absolutely loved the midwife i had my first appt with, which just makes me even more excited about the whole birthing process...and to be honest i was petrified of giving birth, but after being at the hosp and meeting only one of the many midwifes i feel 100% confident and happy about giving birth.

Hi Sal. What state do u live in?

mummycate Guest

Hey Meg, the fear goes when you go into labour, and the pain is there (there's lovely happy gas which works for so many) and then you can yell at everyone and they do what you say and then you have a little bubby in your arms.

Cate- you make giving birth sounds so easy haha, hopefully it will be

becky Guest

LOL - Sorry Joanne, but trust me, its not!

I can dream but cant i Becky , if wishes were dishes..............

mummycate Guest

Oh I'm sorry, I just wanted to empower you! Give you confidence!

I'm sure it will be fine, just a little daunting at the moment

sweetheart, I did it without drugs twice. yes it hurts but it is worth it. do what u need to do and don't let anyone make you feel like you didn't do it right. not even yourself.

mummycate Guest

I was scared and went in twice when I felt I was in labour. The third time I rang my midwife and cried on the phone that she'd send me home again. She said this time she'll induce me as I was quite distressed and it was hurting a bit. But its not so bad, breaking my wrist hurt more, yet labour was just a longer period of time and I was allowed pain relief (I broke my wrist at 30 weeks, fell over. damn spider-looking grasshopper).

Meg - I had Madeline at Kind Edward too. The midwives there are all excellent (well the ones I had anyway) They are so supportive, especially in the labour room, where you need it the most. You will be fine.

Yes childbirth is pretty painful, but you get through it. Just think, many women have done it before you and many go back for more. A little tip is to keep as positive as possible when in labour, every contraction is one less and a step closer to meeting your baby. Seriously keep thinking that, I found as soon as I started to doubt myself, the pain kicked in big time. Also dont be afraid to yell at the top of your lungs, lol it helps. You can do it girls!!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast