Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007 #2

Sal- Also if you have a JayJays near you they usually have singlets 3 for $30 or something similar. I would PM you the details but you need 50 posts to be able to recieve and send PM's, what a bummer. Have you got a email address i can send the link to??.

HI girls....OMG You all can chat!!! HAhahaha....how are you all doing? I'm back home now but only for 2 weeks as on the 19th we are moving to BRISSY!! WOOHOO!!! Can't wait!
    Everything with the bubba boy is going well. Have to do a glucose test on tue....not looking foward to it. He seems to be moving sooooo much. I sometimes wonder if it is normal.
    Check back soon.

Sal- i just emailed you the link for the ebay store from my email address: [email protected]

Nina- Nice to have you back . Where abouts in Brissy are you moving to?. Glad everything is going well with your bubba boy. The glucose test isnt too bad, it doesnt taste too bad just take some water with you to wash it down with if you find you dont like the taste. Are you doing the 1hr test or the 2hr test?.

Rustygirl - I dont think moving alot is an issue, its more when they arent moving much at all. Dont worry yourself about it. Mind you I know the hospital told me if baby starts moving alot towards the end of pregnancy, to call. The night before my water broke Madeline went beserko and I couldnt sleep. Did anyone else get this?

Skittlebub - I didnt even buy any maternity clothing and my tummy was huge. I just lived in stretchy stuff. Its so expensive I found.

mummycate - I agree with the over the top girls clothing. Madeline has had so many dresses and cute little outfits bought for her, but half she has never worn because they just arent practical. She basically lives in onesies and just simple stuff. Mind you it is fun to dress them up now and then.

tannedangel - Definately check out pumpkin patch atm due to their sale. I got some bargains the other day. Someone told me they discount even further as the winter season approaches. Dont know how true this is, but maybe even hang onto the voucher till then and you can buy clothes in larger sizes for her first summer?

I made one of those birth montages today. If you want to check it out its in the labour & birth section and montages is a sticky. Wouldnt have a clue how to do a link sorry!

becky Guest

Hey Cate - Yeah Im in Brissy to. Boronia Heights which is Southside!

I honestly agree, Single Mums need a medal. I admire you all so much! I really dont think I could do it without my DH. In the afternoons when I have had 2 babies (1 of which running, yelling and playing all day), I kinda start to count the hours until he comes home! LOL. I really admire your strength!

Sally and Ali - Thanks, I think I'll be going the next time I have spare time.

Meg - how are you going?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Liz - Yea i been pretty good, finally finished work, got too much for me and i started disliking a few of the ppl i worked with!

mummycate Guest

Ok to get to Tanah Merah its about 2 hours on public transport (i'm going for my learners after i'm healed after wisdom teeth removal). But perhaps since I'm north and Becky and Joanne are south, perhaps meet in the middle some day. Southbank? I'm going to be away from the 12th.

Ooh I called up the doctors and the pathology said Dr notes"no action". So it looks like she doesn't have chickenpox. Negative for varicella and she's been immunised against the other common ones. Good-o!

So we're on for meet-ups! As I was saying, I'm away from the 12th Jan until the 27th Jan, a few days after teeth out, and Ellie comes back with her dad on 25th Feb.

So not long now.... not looking forward to surgery.

mummycate Guest

I should add, Sally and I are very lucky that we live with our parents so they are able to help us out. But the bulk of the parenting is our responsibility, and I admire all of you who have partners and mostly do it all yourselves.

Yeah its about an hour trip for me to get from Tanah Merah to the city (Roma St), i'm geographically challenged as i've only lived in Brissy since April 2007 and havent gotten out and about much. I probably wont be up for much before i have bubs as i've got under 4 weeks to go until EDD. So maybe i'll meet up with you guys after i've had bubs, no idea when as we'll be swamped with family for a few weeks/months 1 lot will leave then the next will arrive.

Cate & Sally- you guys are doing a FANTASTIC job i admire both of you for what you do, and you've got great families who support you.

mummycate Guest

Well Jo, its not much of a drama to travel to you, Ellie is really good on public transport and I'm so used to it, as I've never had a license.

Thats great that Ellie is good on Public transport, Tanah Merah isnt on a train line, but theres a bus station at the local shopping centre.

I'm just not sure what i'll be up for in the next few weeks iykwim??. I'm sure we'll work something out.

mummycate Guest

Okey doke, you let me know when you're up to it, and I can visit you rather than you having to go out. Ellie is back at the end of February so just let me know and I hope to be able to chat online on BB in the meantime. Good luck soon!

Hey Jo,

At the moment were not too sure about where we are going to live but it will be somewhere close to Enoggera Barracks, Joel is in the Army, and I have to be close to Royal Brisbane and Womans Hospital. They are going to put us up in a hotel for 2 weeks until they find us a place and our household stuff arrives.
    I'm doing the 1hr test. Hopefully it comes back normal!!

Cate- As soon as i'm up for visits or getting out i'll be sure to let you know . I'll still be chatting here on BB as much as i can. I hope that Ellie has a good time at her dads.

Nina- Thats fair enough that you have to be close to the Barracks & the hospitals,nice of them to put you guys up in a hotel until you find a place to live & your house contents arrive. The 1hr test wasnt too bad for me, my STUPID doctor tried to get me to have the 2hr test first as he felt it was more accurate and that didnt work out and i had to stop the test DP marched me off to my doctor and gave him a piece of his mind. I ended up doing the 1hr test and the results came back normal i was ever so relieved.

Thanks so much girls Gees you can all talk! I didn't realise there was two pages for me to read :P

Meg, i'm just about always in Perth! Which suburb are you in???

Mo, you did so well for a drug-free birth, I wanted to do it all with just gas, but because I was at risk of having a c-section they gave me an epidural to make sure it worked! Brendan must have wanted to be born vaginally, cos he was born about 15-25 mins after the epi!!

I don't remember much about the pain, the best way i can describe it is like you were getting a tattoo done, it only hurts while the needle is on your skin, it's the same with child birth, it only hurts when you are contracting.... but man i was exhausted afterwards!

I live with my parents who are never home... my mum works 6 days a week, from 6:30am till 4pm and my dad is a truckie he works 6 days a week and sometimes isn't even home at night. The last few weeks I have really felt it... lonely and i'm sop tired, i haven't been able to sleep! I'm going up to XP's house today for Brendan's visit. So I will get some time to myself.... but of course i'll be there watching him as I can't trust them without supervised visits... still at least i'll get some help!

Gotta go, take care girls!

They fixed our Foxtel and our hot water yay! now we can sit in from of the TV after a hot shower LOL.
    My god its hot today though! Funny you should ask me if i was inside today Ali, i actually had plans to bus it to Marion and spend my Supre voucher hehe but nah its FAR too hot to go out today.
    Our kids are ok on public transport but its so hard when you get one of the older busses where you can't actually wheel the pram on and you have to stand there struggling with it to fold it up one handed and drag it onto the bus with the kid under your other arm. Adelaide public transport really sux....

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast