Thread: Do i do another cycle?

Default Do i do another cycle?

I lost my baby on wednesday i was 5 weeks pregnant, my nurse and doctor said if i wanted i go straight back into another cycle, we said we would have a month off but im having second thoughts, im not sure when AF will arrive but im so down about my loss i just want to move on, my DH said the decision is mine but i just wanted some advice if anyone has gone straight back in after a m/c? and if they got a BFP doing so? or is it better for me to have a break?
    Any advice would be appreciated xx

ME 24 & DH 25
    ICSI
    STIM #1 BFN
    FET #2 BFN
    FET #3 BFP 5 weeks

I'm sorry, I don't really have any advice, it's such a personal decision.
    How are you feeling physcially? Do you think some time out might be good - take a month or so to just live and not think about ttc perhaps?
    All the best

Hi oneday
    I'm so sorry once again. I agree with marcellus its a personal decision and you have to do whats best for you. After my miscarriages I went back almost straight away. I have 2 DD (conceived through IUIs) but in the last 12 months have had 3 mc (2 ectopic, 1 after food poisoning ) . I only waited maybe one or two weeks after each one but as I don't have a cycle I never had to wait a whole month for another AF to come. For me the thought of having a break was worse than trying again so I felt that it was best for me to keep trying. I have heard many stories about women being more fertile after a miscarriage and falling pg the following month and carrying baby to full term.

I don't want to worry you, our stories of hcg levels and spotting sound a little similar, my situation is hopefully different, but just in case.... With my last pregnancy (the ectopic one where I had my tube removed) I knew something was wrong, my levels were doubling but slowly, then they started dropping (390ish to 375ish), I also had some cramping pains and spotting, my FS said I would MC, and although I had some bleeding I never had a proper AF. A week later I made them re-do my blood test as I felt pg, my levels were over 1080. Then next day I had the emergency surgery as the pain got much worse!

I hope you can come to a decision that you feel peaceful about, its a hard time and will be thinking of you. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Hi milly's mummy, i think i have decided to start when i get AF i believe im a much stronger and happier person when im trying to get my dream rather then just sitting here waiting for nothing! The nurse didnt seem concerned about a ectopic pg, once i found out i had lost it and stopped taking my medication the next day my breasts stopped hurting and the pains also stopped too? i am having another BT tomorrow to confirm. I am unsure if iv had a period as i bleed for a week and a half it has now stopped since friday but occasionaly iv had a spot of blood when iv gone to the toilet. Im sorry about your losses that must have been really hard. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me it has giving me a clearer decision xx
    Marcellus- Also thank you for your advice, it is a hard decision but i think its best for me to start as soon as i can because at the moment i just feel horrible x

ME 24 & DH 25
    ICSI
    STIM #1 BFN
    FET #2 BFN
    FET #3 BFP 5 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by oneday86 View Post
    I lost my baby on wednesday i was 5 weeks pregnant, my nurse and doctor said if i wanted i go straight back into another cycle, we said we would have a month off but im having second thoughts, im not sure when AF will arrive but im so down about my loss i just want to move on, my DH said the decision is mine but i just wanted some advice if anyone has gone straight back in after a m/c? and if they got a BFP doing so? or is it better for me to have a break?
    Any advice would be appreciated xx

ME 24 & DH 25
    ICSI
    STIM #1 BFN
    FET #2 BFN
    FET #3 BFP 5 weeks
    Hey, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, But I would say go for it, having a baby is like bring a miracle into the world as you probley feelt., take every chance you have trust me!!.. you will regret it if you give up all together. I have me finger and toes crossed for you darlz!! GoodLuck

Hi oneday

Hope everything goes ok for your BT tomorrow. With my bleeding I only had "thin" blood in the week I bled before my lap, but with previous miscarriages it has def been a horrible heavy flow, it can be hard to tell at times though.

Even though its an awful time, I'm glad you feel comfortable with your decision. Everyone's different but I always felt better if I was doing something aswell. I was 23/24 when we first started fertility treatment too and at first I thought it would never happen but then all of a sudden we got our elusive BFP, hopefully it will happen for you too! Wishing you all the best for your next cycle!
    Last edited by milly's mummy; July 6th, 2010 at 07:53 AM.