Thread: dtd and trigger shot?

Default dtd and trigger shot?

hey

i have been on 100iu of puregon for 8days and found out we only got 1 egg
    have made more eggs on clomid!! well anyway had trigger shot 5000iu pregnyl on tuesday morning so we dtd tuesday afternoon but (warning TMI) last night when we dtd dp got to excited "and you know what" when i was on top and now i am stressing cos it all come out when i moved ( so sorry this is wayyyyyy to mach info ) so now i am stressing that we may have missed our window??? but we are planning on dtd again tonight, so that will make it 3 nights in a row and i will make sure i am in the right position tonight so i can lay on my back for while.

do you think we are still in for a shot this month for a bfp???

also why would fs make me trigger on tuesday( which i thought was early) when in a normal cycle i would normal ovulate this saturday coming ( which is 13day before af, is when i normally ovulate) ?? my af isnt due till 17th?

hun, when you're being stimulated, they don't go on day of normal ovulation, they go on follicle size. it takes at least 36 hours, up to 48 hours to ovulate after trigger and then you have a window of opportunity to catch that egg!

babies are conceived from lots of different positions babe - even if it "seems" like all the fluid has run back out of you, some would have been ejaculated very close to your cervix and would have been able to get in there....

FWIW - i had my trigger shot on the Tuesday with Gremlin - IUI on Wednesday, DTD wednesday night and thursday and then again on Sunday. according to the dates we have for Gremlin, she wasn't actually conceived til the sunday! remember, sperm can survive for up to five days inside of you, and as much as they can guesstimate the time of O from trigger shot, it doesn't always work out like that!

have fun with your DH tonight - and then keep everything crossed for a great results in a couple of weeks...

ooh, and with IUI - one follicle is enough! on the cycle where i got three follicles, i got BFN - only ever got BFP when i had one or two decent sized follicles.... and hun, when it comes to TTC - nothin is really TMI!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!

No such thing as TMI on BB!
    Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say as I don't know anything about that side of TTC but, on the bright side, you would have gotten some up there, (lets face it, it's fairly sticky stuff!) so all is not lost!
    Wishing you heaps of luck and sending buckets of baby dust! xx

I have a story much like BG's. I was on clomid and was triggered. Anyway from dates my Immy was conceived about 3 days post trigger. Second daily wild thing waltz is what is recommended post trigger. It's all good. As BG said what went up has to come down - it's really okay. One follie is all you need. I hope this is your cycle my love. Let us know...

thank you soooo much, i feel a lot better after reading your replies

i think the reason why i am stressing so much is because this will be the last time we are able to ttc for nearly 3yrs due to finance problems its going to kill me waiting 3yrs, i really dont know how i am going to handle it. i have shed a million tears already just thinking about it. so there is alot riding on this cycle, which is to be our very last cycle. so i think that is why i am trying to make everything perfect this month, to give us the best possible chance kwim?

thanks again for the replies, feel alot better about it all now

Hi,

Just wanted to send you lots of and wish you

Sara