Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How have people taken your news

I only have 3 now but we are trying for number 4 and the comments we get are rude.. it is none of anyones business. ((hugs)) Enjoy baby number 6

I don't understand at all why people are negative about big families! They don't have to take care of your kids! Why can't they just support and encourage mums with lots of kids?!
    I am the oldest of eight. I hope to have a big family myself (we'll see what God gives us!) I know my family and IL's will be thrilled, as will our closest friends, but I can remember comments from strangers about our family when I was growing up and I don't want that to happen to my kids.
    I loved having lots of brothers and sisters as a kid, and I enjoy it even more now, when we all get together. We've become a group of good friends, I think, and I feel blessed to have them!

I agree with what everyone else said. We have 4 and truthfully I thought very seriously about no.5. But decided that I was happy with my 4 beautiful kids. My Dh had the snip and so we are now enjoying the time with our kids. The house is loud all day and most of the night but full of fun and toys lol We give them everything they NEED and most of the things they don't get is bc I don't want them to have it or bc they don't NEED it. I believe that teaching kids you can't have EVERYTHING you want is important and they will be wonderful people regardless. I think people got used to the 2 child families and the increase in families of 4 or more is surprising to some. I made no consideraton to have no.4 or no.3 for that matter on the basis of receiving the money from the government, sensible people know that it goes nowhere when you have a child, not like it will pay for much in their lifetime is it?

You need to get to a happy place within yourself where you realise that what people THINK about you and your choices really doesn't matter at all. I will never regret having the children I have. Good luck!! AND hAVE FUN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12